free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOS INTERVIEW- SAMMY,UMESH,MOHAN OR ANY OTHER EXPERT PLESE HELP

Hi, I am in need of help.I filed AOS based on marriage to usc in tx. I lived few days with my wife after marriage at my relative's residence as their guest. However, after few days I moved to another state "y", where I am a regular student. After my exams I moved back to tx where my wife continued to visit me at my relatives residence. We have not been able to get our own residence as yet.At present my wife continues to live at her old residence in a city at 2 hours drive from the city I am living due to her job. I was planning to move to my wive's place of living shortly after I am included in her lease which was delayed due to non availability of my ss#.
    Now the situation has turned little more complex.Unexpectedly, I have received my interview date, which is only 16 days from now.I am worried that since we have not lived together for long at same address due to my stay out of tx for the reason of being a student in an other state, where I am paying a resident fee. Where as I don't qualify residency requirement of tx as yet, therefore, i have to continue at my old college for at least one more semester.
    My question is that I have no lease/utility bills to show we lived together since marriage.However, I can get a certificate duly notorized from my relative showing that we lived with them as their guest for about three months.(out of 8 months of married life)
    Does that acceptable to BCIS?
    Or should I ask for re-scheduling of interview date? What is the most appropriate reason for me to give for re-scheduling the interview?
    Since our marriage is only 8 month old we have not been able to make joint auto insurance as well.
    I will appreciate any expert advise to my situation.Thanks

Hi, I am in need of help.I filed AOS based on marriage to usc in tx. I lived few days with my wife after marriage at my relative's residence as their guest. However, after few days I moved to another state "y", where I am a regular student. After my exams I moved back to tx where my wife continued to visit me at my relatives residence. We have not been able to get our own residence as yet.At present my wife continues to live at her old residence in a city at 2 hours drive from the city I am living due to her job. I was planning to move to my wive's place of living shortly after I am included in her lease which was delayed due to non availability of my ss#.
    Now the situation has turned little more complex.Unexpectedly, I have received my interview date, which is only 16 days from now.I am worried that since we have not lived together for long at same address due to my stay out of tx for the reason of being a student in an other state, where I am paying a resident fee. Where as I don't qualify residency requirement of tx as yet, therefore, i have to continue at my old college for at least one more semester.
    My question is that I have no lease/utility bills to show we lived together since marriage.However, I can get a certificate duly notorized from my relative showing that we lived with them as their guest for about three months.(out of 8 months of married life)
    Does that acceptable to BCIS?
    Or should I ask for re-scheduling of interview date? What is the most appropriate reason for me to give for re-scheduling the interview?
    Since our marriage is only 8 month old we have not been able to make joint auto insurance as well.
    I will appreciate any expert advise to my situation.Thanks

Just to add to my previous post:-
    Can I say in reason for re-scheduling my interview date as "Unable to complete the required evidence of joint lease/insurance etc".

anthony, as far as insurance goes, when my hubby gets his license, he's getting his own car and insurance. I wouldn't put Jesus Christ on my insurance! My driving record is impeccable and no one is gonna screw it up!

Your case looks a bit complex, but if you explain to the officer sincerely and show all documents, they will trust you since you need a second interview anyway, during the second anniversary of your green card.

So just gather all your documents, in time for your interview and you should be fine for this first interview.

Note that for your other interview, you need to have gathered documents enough to prove the marriage, at which point they may even waive your interview.

They know very well that some people take time to settle in marriage. Its nothing new. It just depends on how you can convice them that all you say is proved by documentary evidence.

Thank u J S & Halali,
    I appreciate ur advise.

Jo - wish I had done that. Much as I love my husband his age definitely shows in his driving. My insurance is trashed now - he had three accidents and three moving violations in the first 2 years we've been married

NOW he says he'll get his own, but its too late and he won't be 25 till October. If he gets his own now it will be even MORE expensive and of course the money all comes out of the same pot so noble as it sounds for him to "get his own" it will just cost us more overall.

Sign me ANNOYED

everybody in favor of new topic discussing auto insurance issues say "aye"... )))))))

Ok, after you get in the little room with the officer and your wife, first you take an oath and then after he/she seats you you have to show your drivers licenses. I think that regardless of whether your addresses are the same or different (as in your case), the officer will ask you if your addresses are different after from the ones said in the paperwork that you filed. So my advice is know your material facts well before the interview and don't be insecure - thats half the interview. Be smiley and calm - obviously calm. You can even hold your wife's hand if it helps you. But know your answers. I am not sure but I think a good idea is to think of your's wife's addresses as your primary address, and all your others as secondary. After all you can't be together all the time but at least you know you can be together at all...and for that you need that stamp in your passport. Good luck.

ok i messed it up a little, but what I meant is that the officer will ask you "have your addresses changed from the ones that you have given us" ...Which is not necessarily an interogating process but mere updates...
    The worst that can happen is you and your wife could be questioned in different rooms if you don't have enough proof...but on the other side it could just end with the question how did you two met with no separate interviews. The burden is on the BCIS to prove that your marriage is not real so relax.
    P.S. we didn't have joint insurances