50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoy Pinoy, share your experience here!

I have been an avid fan of this website but had to stop doing so when anti - immigrant sentiments were so unbearable . I am married to USC, been here for more than 10 years now but haven't adjusted to LPR because I came here with fictitious name. BTW, I have an RN license in this country but couldn't work because I have no EAD yet. I hired a lawyer who filed for FOIA last Nov. but hasn't came back to me yet. I am so anxious to work in a hospital but has to wait until my papers are straighten out. Is there any legal but shortest way of getting a work permit? I have an approved I-130, Filed I-485 but needed I-601. I know I can adjust my status but how long I don't know. All I want is a work permit at least I'm making something while waiting. Is there any hope for me? Please give me any advise.

hi unlucky, good to see you back...
    well you don't need to pay that much attention to all these nasty people...just don't read any anyantiimmigrant post..ignore them
    If you were here more than 10 years why do you still need to file for a waiver ? I think there is a possibility for people to adjust when there are here for more than 10 years and that they show proof of good moral...or does one person still have to file that stupid waiver no matter how long he stays here ???
    Good luck

Just a question to help me please, since I am a pinoy TNT. I need to get a driver's license, but I can't unless I present a social security card. I am sort of afraid to present a fake social security card, or should I not be afraid? The one I got has the emblem at the back in red ink, whereas everyone else's card that I've seen has the emblem in black or blue ink. Should I or should I not be afraid to present this SS card at the DMV office?

hello TNT,

I suggest, very strongly, that you try to apply to Canada while it's not that difficult. When you become a Canadian Landed Immigrant (it just takes six months), you will relieve yourself of all stress and pressure that every non-citizen in the USA has to go through. The immigration policies of the USA stink to high heavens, or should I say "stink to low hells". There are thousands and thousands of New Yorkers and Califonians immigrating now to Canada. During my interview last November, there were so many many applicants from those states. So don't delay, and American can go away.

How long are you gonna wait for your papers to be approved? How did you apply? I'm willing to go to Canada as long as I'll get my papers straighten out. Please help. Thank you.

so what happens when you become a Canadian citizen? Can you still work here? I've considered that option but I don't really want to live in Canada. I have a good job here in the US. How does that work? Could you shed a bit more light on this option? Thanks a lot.

Please read very carefully. Well for one a Canadian citizen doesn't need a visa to come and live in the USA, although you cannot be employed legally. Second, it is much much easier for a Canadian to apply for a U.S. green card than it is for a Filipino, simply because there are very few Canadians who want to become Americans. Third, Canada will treat you much better than America will ever treat you, and you will love it there. Fourth, and this is something you should remember very carefully, I also had that same attitude before, about not wanting to live in Canada. I brought my family here in 1984. In 1989, we applied, and got approved, for Canadian immigration. We all changed our minds since we "did not want to live in Canada". Then in 1999 we applied for a U.S. Permanent Residence and were DENIED, because the INS claimed that the business that I own (I have several employees) was too small (our revenues the following year were US$1.7 million. So now, my daughter, a high school valedictorian and a 2000 graduate of Yale University, is jobless and without any status, and is somewhere in the streets of New York. My son, also a high school valedictorian and now a Math major minor in Computer Science with a 3.8 GPA at a very major university becomes illegal on his birthday this month. You cannot imagine how much I regret not going to Canada back in 1989, after what this country has done to our family. So now we are just waiting for our Canadian landing papers and GOODBYE TO THE USA. THANK GOD !!! To find out more about immigrating to Canada, you can visit the following sites:

1) http://www.cic.gc.ca/
    2) www.tcscanadainc.com
    3) wwww.webimmigration.com

good luck to one and all. By the way, I just saw that post about everyone not going to work on February 10 and I will definitely cooperate with that movement.

hi, you didn't give me the whole story. if you can e-mail me your number together with a brief of what your situation is, i'll call you.

joy.javier@justice.com

Please to pinoys read my topic Divorce/Marriage, I'm pinay.

Naku Maribel, I wouldn't go home anymore. With the war looming, it will be more difficult to wait in Manila. I know some people will probably disagree with me, but you are still legal here in the States since you only arrived Dec. 12 and I'm assuming that customs gave you at least a month or 2 to stay here.

I have gone through a divorce process myself. Why don't you go ahead and fix your divorce. It doesn't necessarily have to come from him you know. If it's a 'no contest' divorce, then he should be able to sign the papers soon. Don't tell him though that you're getting married at baka maging possessive bigla! Or mag-selos, just in case you're marrying a US Citizen! However, if you want joint custody, you should include that in the divorce papers. Siguro naman he's not willing to give up his parental rights. But if he is, you should also state that in the divorce.

I don't think it matters that your passport says no change of status, etc. Imagine if you were an ordinary tourist here and stayed for 6 months, eh pano nga if you meet someone and fall in love. Diba pareho rin 'yon. You can change status here in the States BUT your passport won't be stamped with a new visa or anything like that until your papers have been processed. When I changed my status from B1 to F1, I remained legal here. But when I went home for Christmas, I had to go to the embassy to get the actual F1 visa stamped on my passport.

I might have been rambling, but for me, huwag ka nang umuwi!!!! You haven't overstayed yet and you're here legally. Ang suerte mo na nga that you found someone kaagad!!!