50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoy Pinoy, share your experience here!

Just wondering if you're willing to share your experience here from US Embassy Manila to legalizing your stay,TNT,or how others are coping in living here in the US.We hope you can minimize posting in Filipino so others can browse on and learn from our experiences.Let's try kahit mali mali ang Inglis OK?
    Now let's roll? Sinong mauna...

IF everybody will start his native language post then, you will not get many answers and many others will not be benifited to read. try to keep in english ..be little generous.

I'm a TNT living here in New York. I've been one for almost 10 years now. I don't have a boyfriend so I couldn't even file for a petition under the 245(i) amnesty. I'm hoping though it gets extended the first quarter of this year. (Pero wala pa rin akong boyfriend).
    Any suggestions on how to legalize myself?

TNT,
    I feel for you. You know what? you don't need to have a boyfriend just to avail the 245(i) provision. You need to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you in case they will approved the extension of the provision. Start looking now because I heard from the grapevine that the President and the Senate are willilng to support the extension of 245(i). Good Luck to you!

Hello! I'm a permanent resident, and I am an Immigration Paralegal. If there's any Pinoys out there that needs help, e-mail me at: joy.javier@justice.com yun lang!

Hi to all Kabayans,

My name is Bugsy a regular here in the forum and have nothing to do with bugzy though we could be friends.
    As for my case, I'm a LPR and hopefully a dual citizen of both US & RP.

Thanks for the reply. I actually have an employer lined up but I don't know how to break it to them that I'm a tnt. Also, the prospect of being employed by them is probably by next month. Eh what if it (245(i)) hasn't been extended? I'm willing to pay for the legal fees na nga so I truly don't impose on them. But I can't ask them to sponsor me unless 245i is extended, right?

The only recourse you have is to marry a USC as there is no foreseeable remedy under 245(i) and this 245(i)might take time especially in your case.Your prospective employer can
    file H1B with no problem to INS, if you had filed for 245(i) on or before April 30,2001 and obviously you were here before
    December 21,2000.Try again, who knows you might end up becoming like J. Lo .

Hi bugzy,

Where is your office located ? any phone number so we can refer TNTs to you,magkanong commission

bugzy, what are my chances pa? I want to tell this prospective employer about my situation but they can't sponsor me unless 245i is extended, diba? so do i really have to end up marrying a USC? eh wala nga akong boyfriend! pano na 'yan!!!