50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: interviews

Hi guys. As our interview in Ecuador is coming up... I was wondering if anyone and everyone could tell me some of your interview experiences... so that we might be able to get some idea of what to expect and what if anything to prepare for.

Thanks!!!

Hi guys. As our interview in Ecuador is coming up... I was wondering if anyone and everyone could tell me some of your interview experiences... so that we might be able to get some idea of what to expect and what if anything to prepare for.

Thanks!!!

even if you have been interviewed for AOS here in the states, or any other type of interview, I am interested in hearing your experiences.

What does your visa case involve (visitor's, business, immigrant visa, etc.)

It is an interview for residency for my husband, at which we expect to be denied due to the existance of a bar. After the interview we will give them the documents for the waiver of inadmissability.

Although we expect to be denied, we understand that the impression we give at the interview can be crucial to the approval of our waiver.

As nobody as responded to requests for information regarding interviews of this nature, I am looking for any type of information that can be given.
    Any experiences with interviews with the INS will help to give me an idea of what to expect, and possibly prepare for, therefore I would appreciate anecdotal stories or information about interviewing with the INS in general.

Thank

Check these sites also:
    http://k1.exit.com/k-3frames.html
    http://k1.exit.com/
    then Click on their Message Board

-----------------------------------
    Stay calm and honest.
    I went with my lawyer during the interview and it went pretty well. The officer called me, and we (myself, my husband and my lawyer) were seated in in his cubicle, it was pretty open since I can here others. He asked me to raise my hand to take the oath and Right Thumb print. He asked for my EAD, SS#, Passport, i-94. lawyer had prepared a photo copy of our Marriage Cert, Income Taxes (Fed & State) and birth certs of my husband and children. He basically went over the application and asked those questions yes/no. Then asked how me and my husband met? I wish I can give you good news right now but it still pending. I am waiting for my approval in the mail and I know it will be here soon.

Hi, I was just reading everybodys replies and my heart started pounding a bit when I read WRSCW's reply. Do you have any idea why INS separated you and your spouse during your interview? Did you have a "normal" AOS case or was there some reason INS wanted to have an extra look at your relationship? I'm afraid to be separated from my husband during the interview because I know he's absolutely terrible at remembering dates and the timeline for things even though he wouldn't have any problems answering questions about me, our life together and everyday routines. What if we're separated and my darling starts giving conflicting answers to timelines. Isn't it pretty unusual for INS to separate spouses during the AOS interview? Please WRSCW if you read this let me know. Was your case special in any sort of way?

Mia

Hi guys!!! Thank you so much for sharing. It really helps being able to read about different experiences (both good and bad) I can't tell you how much your responses mean to me!!!! THANKS!!!

Mia, I wish I could help you... but I haven't done my interview yet, and although I don't expect to be separated from my husband, its not an AOS case, but definitely practice things with your husband that you think he might forget. Most people I have read on the board say that they can tell if a couple is real or not, so as long as you are real, it will come through and there is nothing to worry about.

Everyone else, please keep posting, maybe your info will help both myself and people like mia or others who will have interviews in the future.

THANKS!!

Thank you for your sweet reply Spouse. I hope everything works out for you. Mia.