free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travelling within US

Hi I am married to Usc , my papers are being processed,my passport hasn't expired yet but my I-94 has .Can i travel within the US??? and what about us owned islands eg. Hawaii??

Hi I am married to Usc , my papers are being processed,my passport hasn't expired yet but my I-94 has .Can i travel within the US??? and what about us owned islands eg. Hawaii??

No problem to travel within US (especially by train.)

You can travel anywhere in all 50 states; there is no problem to travel to either Hawaii or Alaska; of course, traveling by plane requires you to have a photo ID (hopefully, you have a driver's license). My question is: did you file for advance parole (Form I-131)? That will allow you to travel anywhere around the world while your adjustment of status is pending.

Immi,

Sometimes people have been asked at the airports to show immigration documents besides Driver's Licenses...especially after Sep 11 things can get really ugly...but I don't know...

I did file for Advance Parole because I overstayed for 180 b4 file aos.I have my Country's passport which hasn't expired but my visa has,I have no ther form of ID besides my Country's naional ID.I have flown to plces within US b4 but I am fearful of flying to Hawaii.Any suggestions??

One of my friend was at one of the small airports in Texas and was connecting his flight to Chicago and was asked there by the airport security guard about the immigration status.My friend resisted and didnt answer .He called few other guards and Police and they called INS .My friend was not carrying any document other than Driver's license which couldnt prove his status.He was taken into custody and later his visa was faxed by his wife and then he was released.
    Story short...be carefull and keep as much relevant documents with you as possible.
    America is going nuts and dont even know what they are doing .Every body is trying to be a patriot and efficient all of a sudden.
    Time is critical...dont try your luck for nothing.

I did file for Advance Parole but because I overstayed for 180days b4 filing aos.I have my Country's passport which hasn't expired but my visa has,I have no ther form of ID besides my Country's naional ID.I have flown to places within US b4 but I am fearful of flying to Hawaii.Any suggestions??

"Every body is trying to be a patriot and efficient all of a sudden." Don't you think it's high time we were efficient? And don't start questioning our patriotism. How many immigrants can you count who would go to the Middle East to fight with our guys right now if asked? My husband is going regardless of his opinion about the conflict - would you, for that matter? It's about damn time we started enforcing laws and questioning people, and if someone has broken any law, there should be consequences.

No. I would not go and fight this dirty oil war to make Bush and his cronies richer. Your husband is an exploited brainwashed fool to lay his life on the line so these guys get richer.