Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scared to go back to the US on a tourist visa

HELLO,

I'm french,my boyfriend is american and we just had a baby together.
    I went to see him the first time in february 2002 and stayed for a month, then I went back to see him 2 months later and stayed for 3 months.
    The immigration officers gave me a hard time at the airport this time but they still let me in the US.
    Then my boyfriend came to see me several time in France and now I'm planning on going there againfor a month in december so we can spend Christmas together.
    Do you think they could send me back to France this time knowing that my child has the same name as his father and that I can give them proof that I have a permanent job in France and that I'm off work cause I just had a baby and that I really don't have the intention to get married or anything??
    Please answer me as soon as possible.
    Thank you

Audrey

HELLO,

I'm french,my boyfriend is american and we just had a baby together.
    I went to see him the first time in february 2002 and stayed for a month, then I went back to see him 2 months later and stayed for 3 months.
    The immigration officers gave me a hard time at the airport this time but they still let me in the US.
    Then my boyfriend came to see me several time in France and now I'm planning on going there againfor a month in december so we can spend Christmas together.
    Do you think they could send me back to France this time knowing that my child has the same name as his father and that I can give them proof that I have a permanent job in France and that I'm off work cause I just had a baby and that I really don't have the intention to get married or anything??
    Please answer me as soon as possible.
    Thank you

Audrey

Yes they can give you a hard time. They might still think that you intend to stay in the US and not go home even if you have a job.
    They just need to think that there is a chance that you'll stay and they can send you back home.

Couple of ????

Last time you were in the US, did you tell them you were visiting the boyfriend, if not, then how would they know your child has his name?

Also, is the baby visiting with you in December?

Ooops, pressed send too soon. Also, when my fiance (now soon to be ex H) and I were waiting for K visa, he came here a few times, and he never mentioned that he had a girlfirend, and when possible, he also arranged to land at different airport each time, so it didn't look like he was an intending immigrant visiting the same town each time he was here.

I remember back then, before 911, that he was questioned, and each time he entered USA he made it a point to make sure his visit here allowed for him to visit some USA company and do research...this way he could legitimately state that he was researching USA business practises

No the first time I didn't tell them he was my boyfriend but I think they were suspicious but they still let me in.
    And I think they register his name cause I was staying with him so I put his name on the form and my child's name will be on my passport I guess don't u think they'll see it?
    I have to buy my tickets by next week so I really need to know if I should stay or not cause i have a child and being banned for 5 years would be really bad so help me please
    THANK YOU

Do u think I should just go ahead and tell them I want to spend Christmas with my baby's father?

Well, first the baby's first and last names on the passport are the same as your BF's?

Bringing baby with?

No, I would not tell them you intend to visit baby's father...if that is not a reason to want to reside in the USA, I can't think of another better one. So, my advise would be not to do that.

Can you not ask your boyfriend if there is a friend or a hotel nearby that you could list on the I-94?

Yes I would like to travel with my baby and his last name is the same as his father.

Don't you think it'll be obvious too if I give the name of a hotel?
    What could I tell them then if they ask me why I want to stay in a hotel and the last time I stayed with a man that has the same last name as my baby?

Oh my God I think the best thing to do is to stay here but my b/f will be sooooo sad and I'll go crazy!!

The bad thing about it is that my intention is really NOT to stay in the US right now, I mean the day I'll do it I'll do it the legal way!!

Hi Audrey,
    This is a bit-confusing situation. Lot of times people change their names and surnames but I don't know what are the laws of your country and it wouldn't be a good idea to do so just for a trip and should it help after doing so...there is a big question mark...
    All I can say if you wanna take a chance...just give it a try without big hopes ...sometimes it works...wish you good luck... Pasha