50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: After my Fiance and I get married

Hey everyone. I just wanted to know. After my Fiance and I get married in the USA. What forms do I need to fill out and give to the BCIS so my my wife status becomes legal resident and also apply for green card and also gets work and school permission. I would just like to know which forms do what and which ones to fill out and in wich order. I was told by the BCIS people that I should start filling out I-485 while waiting for my fiance to get the restof her K1 done.
    Vpatel
    P.S. Please reply

Hey everyone. I just wanted to know. After my Fiance and I get married in the USA. What forms do I need to fill out and give to the BCIS so my my wife status becomes legal resident and also apply for green card and also gets work and school permission. I would just like to know which forms do what and which ones to fill out and in wich order. I was told by the BCIS people that I should start filling out I-485 while waiting for my fiance to get the restof her K1 done.
    Vpatel
    P.S. Please reply

vpatel: Once you get married here. I think now all marriages like Indian and some other are done over here. and if that marriage is accepted in your State then it is accepted by the BCIS/INS. The best in this kind of cases are before you get married, go the Court House in your area, and find out if they will accept. If not then take an oppintment, to get married in the Court house. By early houres. Evening our style of marriage.
    Once you have this States marriage certificate. submit both certificate along with INS Form I-130, and I-485 go on this site and request forms.www.ins.gov They will send you complete package. You have to get married in 90 days. BCIS/INS will stamped her passport. This will take care of your wife status as LPR.

Hey Sab34
    My Fiance and I have decided to do court marriage so that would take a short period of time.
    Vpatel

Hey Sab34,
    Iwill call my local court house and ask if they accept the indian tradition of marriage. i think they will becuase alot of marriages happen in Georgia that are in indian style. But what I want to do is get married at the court house like as soon as she arrives. And then do a Hindu Vidi marriage as soon as her mom and dad get there travel visa. There might be a gap of about 3 weeks. But I thought I would get the court marriage done so I can get the status changed for my Fiance and then me and her can have a small traditional marriage at my church. Would that be ok
    Please reply,
    Vpatel

VPATEL:

Yes it will take care of all matters, wish you all the best. Once her parents arrive here then you can go for our Indian style marriage, but don't for get me.