50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 being done in jan

hey guys well wish me luck first off i am going in jan to get the conditions off my green card but i need someone if you can to link me a list of stuff i need to send them for evidence..... i just want to be sure i have ever thing possible to give them........

also im worried about something.. when i do file the i-751, i will only be in america for 3 weeks then i need to come back up to japan with my husband whose in the military... and im pregnant as some of yall know already so im having the baby in japan also.... im worried about getting my extention after march since thats the day my green card expires.... can you tell:

1- if i leave janurary 28 to come back to japan will they be able to send a letter by then giving me extention or does it take longer...

2- if they dont send the letter within that time period can i go in with a info pass to ask them to give me a stamp on the passport or do i have to wait on that paper....

3-if i send them a doctor note saying i cant travel after a certain time with also my orders saying i need to be in japan, and a letter explaining to them that my green card is about to expire and i really need that extention to travel back to america in september do you think they will send it earlier or am i wishful thinking.....

4-i have put my japan address for the i-751 to be sent here but im so worried about coming back up and not being able to come back in september because of them not sending my extention....do you think this is wise to travel back up with out that letter in janurary or do i have to make sure and come back down before march, but i wont be able to since thats when the baby is due....

thanks guys for all answers

hey guys well wish me luck first off i am going in jan to get the conditions off my green card but i need someone if you can to link me a list of stuff i need to send them for evidence..... i just want to be sure i have ever thing possible to give them........

also im worried about something.. when i do file the i-751, i will only be in america for 3 weeks then i need to come back up to japan with my husband whose in the military... and im pregnant as some of yall know already so im having the baby in japan also.... im worried about getting my extention after march since thats the day my green card expires.... can you tell:

1- if i leave janurary 28 to come back to japan will they be able to send a letter by then giving me extention or does it take longer...

2- if they dont send the letter within that time period can i go in with a info pass to ask them to give me a stamp on the passport or do i have to wait on that paper....

3-if i send them a doctor note saying i cant travel after a certain time with also my orders saying i need to be in japan, and a letter explaining to them that my green card is about to expire and i really need that extention to travel back to america in september do you think they will send it earlier or am i wishful thinking.....

4-i have put my japan address for the i-751 to be sent here but im so worried about coming back up and not being able to come back in september because of them not sending my extention....do you think this is wise to travel back up with out that letter in janurary or do i have to make sure and come back down before march, but i wont be able to since thats when the baby is due....

thanks guys for all answers

Hey Baby,

Some members before have posted this checklist:
    http://www.visajourney.com/for...custom&page=751guide

I'll be posting this in the big boss thread so that others can share their opinions too.

Hope you and the baby are doing fine. Happy holidays!
    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Hey Baby! I think Mrs B gave you a good link there and also there have been a few checklists posted on this board recently that may also help.

I know yours is a bit more complicated as you live abroad, so hopefully someone here soon can give you some more details for some of your questions.

Wanted to wish you Happy Holidays, and hope you and baby are doing well. Make sure your husband pampers you ok lol

Take care
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

1. It takes longer.

2. Ask for a stamp on your passport if they tell you the conditions are removed. They should be willing to do that.

3. See #1, they cannot send anything quickly, but they can given a temp 551 stamp in your passport at the interview if you pass.

4. If you don't get anything in the mail, you can always get a Boarding Letter from the AmEmb/AmCon in Japan giving you authorization to board an aircraft and apply for admission/parole into the U.S. at the arriving U.S. Port of Entry. That is very common and no big deal at the AmEmb/Con or at a POE. If you get that Boarding Letter you will get an appointment at the CBP Deferred Inspection Office where they will review your file and take appropriate action. By that time the Central Index System should be updated with your conditional status removed.

thanks guys.. i talk to jag which i didnt think they would deal with this but they told me to call this 1-877 number that deals with military personels that have emergencies.. so i'll call then before i leave in janurary and see what they will say about my case.... the baby is doing fine, its a boy and im now 7 months and doing well... thanks again guys

thanks so much federale... next week is when we fly back to america to deal with all this.. the lawyer told me it should be a breeze but immigration have a way of messing up stuff so i want to be down there just in case anything happens...