publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Room and Board counts as work??, How should I file For my son?

I fell out of status and after that got married a USC. While I was Out of status I exchaged room and board for house chores. No salary. Can I tell that on my Interview.
    Another question,
    We filed I-130 and I485 for me, but I have a son who lives abroad, he's 12, should i file a petition for PR or is easier and faster get a K-4 visa, and then file the I485??
    Please advice.

I fell out of status and after that got married a USC. While I was Out of status I exchaged room and board for house chores. No salary. Can I tell that on my Interview.
    Another question,
    We filed I-130 and I485 for me, but I have a son who lives abroad, he's 12, should i file a petition for PR or is easier and faster get a K-4 visa, and then file the I485??
    Please advice.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to be a U.S. citizen to file a K-4?

Your son can get a green card with you , can't he? On the I-130 it asks you to list all dependents that will be immigrating with you. As long as your spouse has meets the income requirements for both you and your son, then he should be able to get a green card at the same time you do.

My husband is a USC.
    The problem is, that we didn't file an I-130 for him, because he's studying abroad, and is intended to do so until he finishes his high school, and when we filed he was here on vacation, but we didn't him to stay for so long here because of the school. I'm going to file a petition for him soon, just want to know if is there a way for him to come to visit before the LPR is granted.
    I'll have my interview soon. Also want to know if the proccess would be faster for him because I'll be a LPR. That's why we tought of K4. But we're not sure.
    Thanks for your help.

Your husband should file I-130 for your child as step-child. Only restriction is that your husband can file for your child untill child is below 18 years of age. It will be very fast and in less than a year your child will be here in the States.
    Once I-130 is filed with the Immmigration, thereafter your child will not be able to get visit Visa.
    Good luck.

Thanks, and I have another question. As a child, is he subject to an interview? or to appear at the consulate?