free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: overstay/deportation and re-entry

Does this apply to ANYONE on this board??? Or to someone that you know?

Does this apply to ANYONE on this board??? Or to someone that you know?

HI
    THIS IS APPLY TO ME.I AM STILL LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT TRACK TO GO .

Someone12,

You are truly a great big A S S H O L E. You love s h i t t i n g on people. I hope the newly proposed immigration law passes and we can all watch you get eaten from the inside out.

Spouse,

I am in this position. What's up?

Cool deal. I am rally glad that there are a couple of you out there to talk to. Here is the situation. My husband overstayed his visa by more than one year. Then he left the country of his own free will... and attempted to return via a port of entry (i.e. with inspection). Obviously he was denied entry and was therefore deported.

We were initially told that he could apply for the I-601 and I-212 waivers... however we were recently told that he might qualify under INA section 212(a)(9)(C) which reads:

"(C) Aliens unlawfully present after previous immigration violations.-

(i) In general.-Any alien who-

(I) has been unlawfully present in the United States for an aggregate period of more than 1 year, or

(II) has been ordered removed under section 235(b)(1), section 240, or other provision of law, and who enters or attempts to reenter the United States without being admitted is inadmissible."

I am under the impression that this should only apply to aliens that have re-entered the USA "illegally" or without inspection... however, in order to argue my case I need some examples of cases (both of people to whom this section was applied and people to whom it was not applied).

Therefore, I was hoping that you might be able to provide me with information regarding your respective cases, your current standing (i.e. are you still in the States, are you applying for any sort of legalization, etc.)

If you don't want to deal with someone12's nasty and ignorant remarks... please respond at www.immigrate2us.net. Or e-mail me at changetheinslaws@yahoo.com (from there I will re-route you to the e-mail that I generally use).

Also, I am going to the library right now to do research on this law, and will keep you all posted on any information that I think might be beneficial to your cases (if anything out there can help...)

someone12 thanks for trying to help out. On the removal form (which although he took voluntary departure is basically the same as deportation under the new laws and therefore requires that an I-212 be filed) he was told that he was inadmissible for 5 years... because of 212(a)(9)(B)(i)(ii) he is supposedly inadmissible for 10 years. We agree with both of these terms...

You are ignorant of the cases of version and nadeem or am I wrong? Are they good friends of yours or clients of yours? Therefore, your "blunt" comments in absence of knowledge of their exact situations are both ignorant and nasty. Sorry....

Someone12,

I am actually a US citizen. I was born to two non-immigrant parents, unlike a good portion of Americans. Thanks for your pre-judgement like you are currently doing to everyone else. Have fun. I'm going surfing in the Brasilain sun.

Like a rock star would say, "Good night! We love you!" No worries Someone12.

Hey Someone12 could you do me a serious favor? I know that underneath it all you are a reasonable person, and that you can understand that I am in a very serious position where a law may have been applied in error to my case... and this error could literally destroy my life, as well as the lives of many people (yes, USC born and raised) that are close to me.

Therefore, could you leave this particular posting... and not scare off any help that might be available to me?

If you want to rant, rave, scream, yell, complain about immigration law, or practice santeria... I really don't care at this moment in time, but please please please... do it somewhere else.

Thank you sooo much!

This is off the immigration subject but...

Version,
    I have a good friend in Brazil and he sent me pictures of a beach he'd recently visited. How beautiful! He has SUCH a nice life there. He's visited the U.S. many times and lived here for a period of time years ago but he has NO desire to move here. I would love to visit there!