50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Problems with signature!!

Four years ago, during an INS interview outside the United States, my mother was unable to sign her Form I-590 (Registration for Classification as a Refugee) because she was illiterate. Now in 2003, she is filing Form I-730 (Refugee Relative Petition) for her husand and she did sign that form. The INS is demanding an explanation why she could not sign the first form. The fact is she has learned a lot, including taking private tutorials since she came into the U.S 3 years ago. Is this a difficult thing to explain or prove to Immigration. Please advise!! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Four years ago, during an INS interview outside the United States, my mother was unable to sign her Form I-590 (Registration for Classification as a Refugee) because she was illiterate. Now in 2003, she is filing Form I-730 (Refugee Relative Petition) for her husand and she did sign that form. The INS is demanding an explanation why she could not sign the first form. The fact is she has learned a lot, including taking private tutorials since she came into the U.S 3 years ago. Is this a difficult thing to explain or prove to Immigration. Please advise!! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Thank you for sending the three identical messages. A more effective means of communication is to send out a message with an informative subject so people can help you. "Please read this!!" and "Urgent advice needed!!!" don't tell anyone what the message is about.

As for your message, I don't see what the big deal is. Explain to the INS what you have explained to us -- that your mother learned to sign her name from taking private tutorials. Good luck with bringing your mother's husband to the U.S. Being apart for over 3 years must be terribly difficult for them :