50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: STD's

During the required medical exam for the K1 visa it was discovered that my fiancee had an STD. This has been successfully treated, but I wonder now what effect it will have on her visa. Normally the results of the exam are returned to the fiance(e) in a sealed envelope and are taken to the interview. If there is a problem the report is sent to the embassy by the hospital. Unfortunately we did not know this.
    Women in Thailand do not have the regular annual medical checks like women in the U.S. I was aware of this because of another medical problem she had three years ago and I am kicking myself for not having a doctor go over every inch of her body before this happened.
    BTW if you are in Thailand I recommend using a hospital other than ***rungrad. I have used it before and it is a great medical facility, but it was not at all helpful in this situation. The exam can be done at only four hospitals in Thailand and can only be given by certain doctors at those hospitals. At Intake, the woman asked if my fiancee wanted to see a particular doctor and she said she didn't care since she did not know any of the doctors on the list. Well let me tell you, check with a nurse or someone because the guy who did the physical, Dr. Viwat, is an arrogant, unsympathetic ***.

During the required medical exam for the K1 visa it was discovered that my fiancee had an STD. This has been successfully treated, but I wonder now what effect it will have on her visa. Normally the results of the exam are returned to the fiance(e) in a sealed envelope and are taken to the interview. If there is a problem the report is sent to the embassy by the hospital. Unfortunately we did not know this.
    Women in Thailand do not have the regular annual medical checks like women in the U.S. I was aware of this because of another medical problem she had three years ago and I am kicking myself for not having a doctor go over every inch of her body before this happened.
    BTW if you are in Thailand I recommend using a hospital other than ***rungrad. I have used it before and it is a great medical facility, but it was not at all helpful in this situation. The exam can be done at only four hospitals in Thailand and can only be given by certain doctors at those hospitals. At Intake, the woman asked if my fiancee wanted to see a particular doctor and she said she didn't care since she did not know any of the doctors on the list. Well let me tell you, check with a nurse or someone because the guy who did the physical, Dr. Viwat, is an arrogant, unsympathetic ***.

Hi Parker,

First of all it depends what kind of STD your fiancée had. And in which stage she received treatment. So here I need some more info regarding that ...then I can give you some proper guidance ... for example ... if she got syphilis secondary / tertiary ... then probably it will be real hard to treat it completely ... as there is latent form of this disease and might come up later on in life with all kind of complication. But I am sure doctors must have figured it out there in VD Clinic in Thailand.

If she is completely treated then she shouldn't have any problem in getting her visa. She will have to go with letter from the hospital where she got her treatment with all following lab tests showing she has been treated and doesn't have the disease right now...

About asking doctor of choice ... things don't work like this when it comes to US Consulate / Visa stuff... so there is nothing you can do about it...it's the same everywhere in the world... you need to go to a doctor whom US Consulate trusts and not whom you trust....

I hope I cleared your doubt little bit.... Have a good day...Pasha