50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TO DANIEL, have you had your N-400 interview yet/I-751 approval??

To anyone who missed previous posts on this subject, I am placing a huge emphasis on the upcoming naturalization interview for Daniel who seems to frequent this discussion board. Basically from what Daniel told me, he was in the situation that many of us, if not already in, will be in when we come up for our naturalization interviews whereby our I-751s have yet to be adjudicated ........especially if you are stuck with Vermont. I was told by a lawyer that the BCIS officer will now be forced to adjudicate the I-751 at the same time as naturalization. Of course we have not had the opportunity to confirm this until now. Simply put, if this does in fact happen at daniel's interview then it will be a huge relief because then when I apply for naturalization next year there won't be a delay caused by the I-751. If I waited until I was approved by Vermont, it would probably take until 2005 and so Im wouldn't get my citizenship until 2006 or later which is ridiculous. So come on Daniel, if you have had your interview please put us out of our misery and tell us one way or the other regarding the issue of the I-751 in conjunction with the N-400.
    paddy

To anyone who missed previous posts on this subject, I am placing a huge emphasis on the upcoming naturalization interview for Daniel who seems to frequent this discussion board. Basically from what Daniel told me, he was in the situation that many of us, if not already in, will be in when we come up for our naturalization interviews whereby our I-751s have yet to be adjudicated ........especially if you are stuck with Vermont. I was told by a lawyer that the BCIS officer will now be forced to adjudicate the I-751 at the same time as naturalization. Of course we have not had the opportunity to confirm this until now. Simply put, if this does in fact happen at daniel's interview then it will be a huge relief because then when I apply for naturalization next year there won't be a delay caused by the I-751. If I waited until I was approved by Vermont, it would probably take until 2005 and so Im wouldn't get my citizenship until 2006 or later which is ridiculous. So come on Daniel, if you have had your interview please put us out of our misery and tell us one way or the other regarding the issue of the I-751 in conjunction with the N-400.
    paddy

Not yet. I will post the outcome by the 20th of the month.

You can have your interview concurrent with your I-751 processing, but you can't naturalize (take oath) untill the removal of condition is final! The purpose and wait of the whole wait process is obvious: it's to prevent fraudelent marriages for the sole purpose of gaining U.S. citizenship!

acelaw,

You are right, I agree with your statement that the purpose of the I-751 is to prevent fake marriages, but why then BCIS does not require I-751 approved before N-400 could be filed by the conditional residents. This would make everything clear. After my last conversation with the BCIS (2 weeks ago) I found out that if the citizenship is granted, the oath could be taken soon after and I-751 would be voided. Even the BCIS is not clear on this issue. Once, I called BCIS twice in a row and talked to two different people, and I got two different responses (one positive and one negative). I do not what to think.

Personally, I think acelaw is wrong but then the impression I am getting from all of the posts on this website is that no one really knows including the BCIS. Saying that, I cannot believe that providing you meet all of the requirements of citizenship including passing the interview and tests that the BCIS would hold up the granting of naturalization for a pathetic 2 page document. Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with the purpose of the I-751, just not its administration which seems to vary greatly depending on where you live in this great nation. Daniel, good luck mate in the interview........I will be waiting with baited breath to hear your outcome......I am sure that everything will go smoothly....Just out of curiousity, which BCIS local office is the interview at and how long did it take from sending in your application to getting the interview date???
    cheers,
    Paddy

I-751 is a Joint petition to remove the condition of marrige this should hav done after 2years of marriage between the US and LPR. It has nothing to do with the Naturalization.
    I think Now BCIS is also screwed up like INS.

sab34:

The problem is that the I-751 is taking A LONG TIME TO PROCESS (IN VERMONT ALMOST 2 YEARS) an in that waiting the alien becomes eligible for naturalization, so the issue is that they are calling people up for naturalization interview who still have their I-751 pending, see the issue?

sab34,
    you are either totally ignorant or you don't have a clue or you are just blind. A sizable portion of the posts on this website have been devoted to the problem of the processing times for the I-751. You are right in the fact that the I-751 and N-400 have nothing to do with each other. However as aguila rightly stated, both of these applications are now connected because people are having to wait so long to get approved for the I-751, that they find themselves in the situation of turning up for a naturalization interview still having the I-751 wrapped around their ankles..... which is a ridiculous situation to occur........hence the reason for this post and many other posts before it......so do me a favor mate......read the actual words of a post before replying to it or just don't bother to start typing........your post was not only pathetic and ignorant but it was an insult.

Too All,

I have some bed news. I received a letter
    from my local BCIS office stating that my naturalization interview has been descheduled, and I quote "due to an unforseen circumstances", end of quote. BCIS did not informed me why. I called the national serivce center and they did not know why either. I'm very disappointed, but I guess I should expect this coming. I think the reson is the I-751, which is still pending. I'm back to square one.