free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CAME IN WITH A VISA AND HAS BEEN DENIED

My husband came in with a visa 1996 he let it expire we met in 2006 and married in October 2007 we filed for papers in March of 2009. In June we received a letter that they received everything they will notify us in 50-60 days. Now it has been more than 60 days so my husband last night looked up his status and saw that they are sending him a denial letter it doesn't say why or what we did wrong...so now we are so stressed out we donít know what to do...PLEASE HELP

Hi Mrs_Rios2007

are you US citizen?
    did you send a proof of legal entry?
    has you husband criminal record?

we can only be guessing what could be a reason for denial. Nothing much to do until you know what is the reason. It could be something "simple": according to their records, he did not show for fingerprinting.

Originally posted by Mrs_Rios2007:
    My husband came in with a visa 1996 he let it expire we met in 2006 and married in October 2007 we filed for papers in March of 2009. In June we received a letter that they received everything they will notify us in 50-60 days. Now it has been more than 60 days so my husband last night looked up his status and saw that they are sending him a denial letter it doesn't say why or what we did wrong...so now we are so stressed out we donít know what to do...PLEASE HELP

What type of visa did he come in on? Was it a K-1 for someone else, ?

Was it a tourist visa?

It is understandable from the post that her husband entered US on a visit visa in 1996 and they got married in 2006, therefore, it cannot be K-1 visa. Apparent reason for his AS denial is that he was unlawfully present in the US for 10 years. Waiver may be required.

You should wait untill you have a letter I dont think any one can say any thing on that issue...
    USCIS should give you the reason under what section of the INA they are sending you a denial letter.
    They have to write the section of the INA ........
    Over stayed person will have to pay a fine of $1000.00 and that might be the case and some papers they might need ...to resovle you case...since you are a Citizen....

Make an Infopass appointment to get the reason your AOS was denied.

Originally posted by Tak:
    It is understandable from the post that her husband entered US on a visit visa in 1996 and they got married in 2006, therefore, it cannot be K-1 visa. Apparent reason for his AS denial is that he was unlawfully present in the US for 10 years. Waiver may be required.

Tak

It is neither understandable from the post that he came in on a tourist visa or not, nor is it apparent that he was denied because he was illegal for some years. Overstay is forgiven with marriage to usc . waiver is not relative in this situation

Crystal ball method guessing will not work here. Hence the reasons for the questions/scenarios.

He very well could have come in on a K1 from someone else and overstayed. happens all the time. He could have come with a crew visa etc , and this is why she needs to advise us as to which visa entered usa on.

<span class="ev_code_RED">@FSN... He will not have to pay $1000 to adjust status as he is not 245I. They met and married in 2006. I-130 would have had to have been filed on or before april 30,2001.</span>

If it is established that the visa is a normal situation, then it can only mean that there were filing irregularities, such as I-864, fingerprinting etc. Fixable things.

Mrs_Rios2007

Please see 4now posting and clarify.

Someone12
    .."he let it expire"... what a load of horse manure....he didn't 'let it expire'...he's just a lowlife visa cheat, who failed to obey the terms of the visa (and trust) that was given to this enema bag cleaner....'let it expire'....he violated our laws....he's been working illegally for years, and somehow he stumbled across the trailer park where this desperate OP lives.....visa cheats= douchebags= lowlifes....end of story.

Someone12
    In a moment we'll hear from the OP, telling us (me) that her visa cheating husband is the most hard working, honest, law abiding douchebag, er, human being on the planet....sure,...you just keep telling yourself that while you watch Jerry Springer.