free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mohan! need help

i came to US as a student. i am out of status from 4 years. now i am married to a US citizen. I called INS, they told me to apply in person at Federal Plaza in New York. do i have to go with a lawyer or can i file myself.

i came to US as a student. i am out of status from 4 years. now i am married to a US citizen. I called INS, they told me to apply in person at Federal Plaza in New York. do i have to go with a lawyer or can i file myself.

You can file papers yourself. Since you are married to a USC, you should not have problem. It would be better if both of you go together to file your papers.
    Good luck.

I'd suggest you figure out exactly what necessary procedures you'll need to do to adjust your status. If you haven't done much research, I'd suggest you do for your own protection. The last thing you want is to fill out unnecessary paperwork that could possibly hurt you as you try to adjust your status. You may even want to consult an immigration attorney for your peace of mind.

Once you know what paperwork needs to get filled out, why not just download them from the INS website in the comforts of your warm home than trudging out in the bitter cold we're having nowadays! ) Good luck!

hi! i want to know if i can mail AOS application to Service Center instead of filing in person. i moved to newyork recently and holding drivers license from new jersey. please help

I was recently denied Advanced Parole,is there anything I can do to reverse this?The reason I was denied was because I was illegally present in the US for 180 days,I was planning to go home to see my mom i don't want to disappoint her.Someone with knowledge on the topic please HELP ME!!!!

AOS should be filed through the mail. INS officers have discretion to arrest a person that is out of status. File through the mail.

AP denied for unlawful presence. If you filed your AOS and were unlawfully present, you should have also filed for a waiver. But, don't leave the U.S. until your waiver and AOS are approved. If you are unlawfully present and you leave before your case is approved, then you will not be re-admitted. Also, leaving the U.S. without AP could be deemed an abandoment of your AOS.

If you need more information, please feel free to contact me at info@myronmorales.com

thank u very much and I will b emailing u

To India:
    You should not be filing in Person, you are out of status and if you go for filing you will be detained and deported, as you don't have any other paperwork pending. You can mail your application I-130 and all others to Vermont.

AP:
    you sould not be applied for AP. as you are not entittled for. If you leave you will not be able to come back.

thanks mohan for your advise!

i want to know how to start my AOS process
    i should mail I-130 first followed by others; is there a chance Vermont Center return my application stating you have to apply in person at New York because i am out of status