50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: RIR

I am a Software Engineer and currently on H1B visa working for a company in US. I have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering and Masters in Computer Science. I have about 15 years of IT experience. My current position involves Software Development on ORACLE platforms and requires minimum experience of 7 years (as per my Position Description). As a pre-requisite for RIR processing, recently my company ran two advertisements for my position and received around 150 responses. Some of the (US Citizen/Permanent Resident) candidates have the same level of experience and skill set as me. They had interviewed few applicants also. Now, under this situation (based on the responses received from the advertisements), the HR department of my company has decided not to proceed further at least for the time being. This is a problem for me as my H1B visa has already been extended once and I have another 1.5 years left.

My questions are "Is it still possible to get Labor Clearance from DOL in spite of the responses from the advertisements?"¯ and "In the current job market situation how the other companies are getting Labor Clearance for their employees? Even in a very favorable job market, there may be responses from equally skilled and experienced US Citizen/Permanent Resident candidates"¯. The answer to these questions may help me to negotiate with the HR department to proceed further.

Also, I have extended my H1B once, can it be extended again?

I am a Software Engineer and currently on H1B visa working for a company in US. I have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering and Masters in Computer Science. I have about 15 years of IT experience. My current position involves Software Development on ORACLE platforms and requires minimum experience of 7 years (as per my Position Description). As a pre-requisite for RIR processing, recently my company ran two advertisements for my position and received around 150 responses. Some of the (US Citizen/Permanent Resident) candidates have the same level of experience and skill set as me. They had interviewed few applicants also. Now, under this situation (based on the responses received from the advertisements), the HR department of my company has decided not to proceed further at least for the time being. This is a problem for me as my H1B visa has already been extended once and I have another 1.5 years left.

My questions are "Is it still possible to get Labor Clearance from DOL in spite of the responses from the advertisements?"¯ and "In the current job market situation how the other companies are getting Labor Clearance for their employees? Even in a very favorable job market, there may be responses from equally skilled and experienced US Citizen/Permanent Resident candidates"¯. The answer to these questions may help me to negotiate with the HR department to proceed further.

Also, I have extended my H1B once, can it be extended again?