publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: is there any way to speed up my AP process?

Hello friends,
    has anyone have experiences of getting AP quicker while AOS is pending by going to the local BCIS district office in person and asking an officer to speed up the process of Advance Parole document?
    Three months ago I got married to a USC and wanted to have a proper wedding in Europe where I'm originally from and my whole family lives in. We filed the whole AOS package and at that time we thought we had enough time to get the AP document approved (by september this year). But as of now I haven't heard anything from our BCIS office exept that I've got a receipt for the application fees I paid. I even haven't got an application receipt with "A" number yet. I called yesterday and I was told it could take up to 5 months to receive the application receipt and AP. And I was told also, that I should go to our local office in person and talk to somebody there. Would it help me, if I went? Does anybody know? Should I book my plain tickets, to show that I REALLY need and want to go? PLEASE ANYBODY HELP ME!

Hello friends,
    has anyone have experiences of getting AP quicker while AOS is pending by going to the local BCIS district office in person and asking an officer to speed up the process of Advance Parole document?
    Three months ago I got married to a USC and wanted to have a proper wedding in Europe where I'm originally from and my whole family lives in. We filed the whole AOS package and at that time we thought we had enough time to get the AP document approved (by september this year). But as of now I haven't heard anything from our BCIS office exept that I've got a receipt for the application fees I paid. I even haven't got an application receipt with "A" number yet. I called yesterday and I was told it could take up to 5 months to receive the application receipt and AP. And I was told also, that I should go to our local office in person and talk to somebody there. Would it help me, if I went? Does anybody know? Should I book my plain tickets, to show that I REALLY need and want to go? PLEASE ANYBODY HELP ME!

Where did you file your AOS forms? And what is your local BCIS? Some of the local BCIS accept walk in application and you can get it at the same day. Bring your receipt with you so that they know you already submit your forms long time ago.

I filed my AOS forms to our local BCIS office in New York City. But what do you mean by saying "...BCIS accept walk in application and you can get it at the same day..." ? I've already filed the application for AP, should I have to do it all over again if I deceided to walk in there?
    /thank you for replying me/