free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Visitor Visa

Hello,
    My Aunt ( dad's brother's wife ) applied for a visitor visa in india and got rejected. Me and my husband we are staying in us for last 12 years. We sponsored her for this visa ( employment letter from my husband's job and his sponsorship letters were sent). If my aunt reapplies with my uncle who has direct relationshilp wiht me ( i dont't know if it's a direct blood realation) will the get a visa? Will you please guide me getting them a us visitor visa?
    Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    My Aunt ( dad's brother's wife ) applied for a visitor visa in india and got rejected. Me and my husband we are staying in us for last 12 years. We sponsored her for this visa ( employment letter from my husband's job and his sponsorship letters were sent). If my aunt reapplies with my uncle who has direct relationshilp wiht me ( i dont't know if it's a direct blood realation) will the get a visa? Will you please guide me getting them a us visitor visa?
    Thanks in advance.

You surely can reapply and the more 'sponsors' she has the better but remember, a Consul can ALWAYS refuse a visa no matter what reasons/proof you have.

Trying to help you with this is very difficult as we don't have any specific information about your case.

What was the reason of denial in the first place?

They did not tell any reason. Asked her have you been tu us before? when she said NO. They rejected her visa for no reason.

Thanks for your help.

Visa rejections are VERY random, and they depend 100% on the consul.

I know people who got a Visa, and their intention was as clear as water to enter the USA and never leave.
    I also know people who have been rejected, even if they own factories, houses and have no intention of ever emigrating.

Sure, these cases are extreme, since most people who have the means get the visas, and those who don't, usually don't, but it can be very random.

hi. Visitor visa's are very strange (and random sometimes too). From what I understand the best thing to do is to make it look like she has a lot of reasons to return (to india) not strong connections to the USA (for a toursit visa).

If she works she should get a letter from her work indicating that she will have a job when she returns, if she doesn't work maybe she could start doing some volunteer work or something.

Get documentation of immediate family like husband or children that will stay in India while she travels. Put material objects like cars and or houses in her name.

The more documents you have that show intent to return to india the better. Also, if you have a savings account you may want to consider transferring some of that money temporarily to her, so that she can show that she has money in a checking and/or savings account.

I had a friend that tried to come without these things, even though I had sent a sponsorship letter etc. They didn't allow her to obtain a visa. When I called the embassy to ask why, they basically indicated that the sponsorship letter or invitation is a nice extra, but it is not a sufficient basis for allowing someone to enter the USA on a tourist visa. (They cannot hold a US citizen responsible for the actions of the individual once they enter the USA. i.e. if the visitor overstays they cannot arrest the US citizen.)

So, I hope this helps. Good luck to you.