ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



Immigration Daily

Chinese Immig. Daily

The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I lost

  1. #1

  2. #2

  3. #3
    To Anna:
    You must explain what you want to say or your situation for which you need help.
    Good luck.

  4. #4
    I am realy sorry that I did not explain nothing earlier.
    My father & I came in USA legally, K-visas, in oktober. He got married, but this lady did not do nothing after that marriage. Our visas has expired & I turned 21ye.(age out)so probably my status has changed. My father files for divorse which means we need to go back in our country.
    I have a boyfriend US citizen and we gonna get married. My guest is: Do I need to go back in my country and file for fiance visa after we'll get married in US or we can file this in United States?

  5. #5
    To Anna:
    I am really sorry to hear your story. The best way for you is to get married to your USC boyfriend and ask him to file I-130 for you and you should file AOS I-485 and I-765 at the same time. You will get your EAD within 3 - 4 months. You will not have to worry about any thing. Just get married asap.
    As far your father is concerned, after divorce he should go back to his country and stay and wait till you will become a USC.
    After marrying a USC you will be eligible to apply for naturalization after 3 years from date of your Adjustment of Status. Then you can sponsor you father and there will be no problem for him. If he will stay here even after getting divorce then he can be in big problem.
    Good luck.

  6. #6
    Thank you so much for helping me.
    So I can get married & do not go back any where even if I'm age out & with expired visa?
    What kind of problems could happend if my daddy will stay?

  7. #7
    Once you get married then you do not have to worry about any thing. Your overstay will not create any problem once you are married to a USC.
    21 years age limit is for children not for spouses. So you will be okay.
    As far as your father is concerned, if he gets divorce then he can not stay here. His stay will be considered an overstay and that can subject him to deportation. If he stays married to this lady then legally he will be okay because he had fulfilled condition of K visa to get married to USC fiance.
    Good luck.

Similar Threads

  1. If you lost your GC
    By 0xy688 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 10:16 PM
  2. Lost
    By Gueritales in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 12:31 AM
  3. i lost my i-94
    By snowwhite in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 08:33 PM
  4. Lost I-94 what do i do?
    By Ford in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 10:28 PM
  5. So Lost Need Help Please
    By Dud in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 07:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: