ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GC expired?

Hi everybody,
    I have a question.
    My father has a GC expired, i think.
    He is Italian and he has been living in USA Fl in the past then He come back in Italy for working.
    Now he is retired and he would like come back in USA.
    Are there anyway to renew it?

Many thanks

Hi everybody,
    I have a question.
    He is Italian and he has been living in USA Fl in the past then He come back in Italy for working.

Many thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ettoremi:
    Hi everybody,
    I have a question.

Many thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    How long between working in Italy and his retirement? And has he maintained any establishment to the U.S.?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

He got GC thanks his brothers that still live there.
    He worked only in italy for 30 years, now this January he retired.
    He got the GC between 1981/1988.

Many thanks

Hi Ettoremi,

Has your dad maintained ties to the US (own a house, pay taxes, etc.) since he left to work in Italy?

He doesn't have houses because he lived in his brother house and never payed taxes becouse he worked in italy. He came back just six mounths per year then he didn't come back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He came back just six mounths per year then he didn't come back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long has he been away from the USA without making any return trips? Sorry for all the questions, but it does sound like your dad abandoned his US legal permanent residency.

I understand the meaning of your questions.
    After 1989 he came back every three years for one mounth just with a vacation visa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ettoremi:
    I understand the meaning of your questions.
    After 1989 he came back every three years for one mounth just with a vacation visa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    From this, it sound like the GC has expired. It may still be possible for a relative to utilized the process again, like through the son or daughter.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
    It amy still be possible for a relative to utilized the process again, like through the son or daughter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I don't understand.
    A son or doughter should start the process again for giving him the GC, right?