free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marriage license without ssc?

does anyone know how to get a marriage license in ohio without a Social Security Card. From what read in a site on the internet you have to have one. Any reply would be very much appreciated. As I am a canadian citizen and my fiance an american citizen and we wish to get married as soon as possible. Would we have to go somewhere like Vegas or something to get married without me having a SSC. Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you very much

does anyone know how to get a marriage license in ohio without a Social Security Card. From what read in a site on the internet you have to have one. Any reply would be very much appreciated. As I am a canadian citizen and my fiance an american citizen and we wish to get married as soon as possible. Would we have to go somewhere like Vegas or something to get married without me having a SSC. Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you very much

call your county district office and ask then.. they will probably tell you any form of ID like a passport should be ok.

do you mean the county clerk for marriage licenses? sorry if i sound a bit confused but i've been looking for websites all day long and my brain is starting to get a little muddled. Thanks for your response

i got married in ohio without a ssc but my fiance had one. i told them im from out of the country and he was from out of state.

was no problem for us

to usanewbie...what identification did you have to show when you went into get your marriage license. Did you only need your passport and birth certificate. Please reply as soon as possible. We have been trying to figure all of this out for awhile now and we are getting anxious to get married. Thank you very much.

In the county I reside, her passport is all that is needed.
    Much luck!
    Kent

do you live in ohio kent. Only because if you do than it may actually benefit me to know that so that we are not worrying about trying to go out of state to get married.

Ohio Guest....
    Nope...I live in Tennessee.....
    Sorry. A quick call to the office that issues marriage licenses is all that it will take. Heck, all a K-1 holder needs to get a SS# is the stamp/I-94, so I suppose THAT'S the logic. My guess is this is nation-wide....BUT...it's just a guess....take a few minutes and make a call tomorrow....that...and CONGRATULATIONS! ;-)
    Kent

thank you for replying. I had called a few times on friday but had no luck with getting an answer so I will try again today. Hopefully this time someone will answer the phone.