publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How much time FBI takes for security clearance of the beneficiary of fiance visa? [Reply soon plz.]

I want to know; how much time FBI takes for security clearance of the beneficiary of fiance visa.

I got my petition for fiance visa approved and wanting to estimate how much time it gonna take for my fiance to come to me.

Reply soon plz.

Thanks in advance

I want to know; how much time FBI takes for security clearance of the beneficiary of fiance visa.

I got my petition for fiance visa approved and wanting to estimate how much time it gonna take for my fiance to come to me.

Reply soon plz.

Thanks in advance

As I understand it, FBI clearance has basically already been done, if you have an approved I-129f petition. There are some consulates that do perform more background checks, it just depends on what country your fiance is residing in.

For London Consulate, once the I-129f petition is approved and assuming there are no further complications (i.e. convictions, overstays, deportations), your fiance could be here in approximately 1.5-3 months. For us, it's most likely going to take about 2 months to get the interview (we're getting ready to return Pkt 3 right now)

Sunny

That can vary. My fiance required FBI clearance. He has a clean record and no arrests. However, he is from Hamburg and has a Muslim name. I think it depends on if the FBI decides they want to pursue it further and do the additional checks. From what I have heard though, they do not do it to everyone though.

Hi capriono...

This is a hard question and there is no one solid answer to that... I don't even think that FBI did some kinda investigation in my case.... Or may be it did .... But everything was great with my case.. no hassles at all...

One of my friends almost with same condition and way of filing petition is waiting for more than a year and still they are doing that FBI investigation or Admin Review ...whatever you can name it .... And still after interview he doesn't have visa coz of this investigation ... so I would say ... Good luck to your spouse ...Pasha