50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Married to a USC

My wife & I have been married for 3 years & she plans to file a green card for me when we come to US on a visit visa.I wanted to know will the fact that we have married in another country harm us or as long as we can verify if its legal,it should be ok.Secondly,will I be issed the 10 year permanent card or the temporary dependant 2 year green card.thank you

My wife & I have been married for 3 years & she plans to file a green card for me when we come to US on a visit visa.I wanted to know will the fact that we have married in another country harm us or as long as we can verify if its legal,it should be ok.Secondly,will I be issed the 10 year permanent card or the temporary dependant 2 year green card.thank you

What she needs to do is file the paperwork in the country where you live at the US embassy.

Is your wife a US citizen? Are you here in the US?

If not, you have to go thru the process in your country to come over here.

Clarify:

I did not see that your wife was a USC.

Anyway, if you are not here in the US, she must file for you in your country...Goodluck.

I wrote a mistake already. i am in US in california now ,so there is no way i can get the permanent 10 years while here,not even the 2 year conditional visa.Is it a must I go back to Kenya?
    thank you

Oh great! You are here!

Just use your marriage certificate and have your wife apply for the AOS for you.

Look at www.ins.gov website.

I believe you need

i-485, AOS
    i-130
    g-325a
    i-765 for employment authorization.

I think that that is it.

If you have been married over 2 years by the time you have your interview for the greencard, you will get the permanent 10 year card.

If you go back to Kenya you will have to wait a long long long time to come back.

Just go ahead and file all of the paperwork for the AOS here. IF you have no legal issues like arrest record and your wife meets the income level required, (if not, get a co or joint sponsor) you will be able to get your 10 year green card. well....it's actually pink, but it works the same

We just finished Greencard interview but INS wants us sumbit more paperwork. I wonder after we sumbit all these paperwork how long we can hear from INS?

Mombassa: I didn't realise you were here when you posted the first time. Do what the others said, apply here.

Ja: it's going to take a little while and be a little longer since you had to resubmit documents.