50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: to Bushmaster, Mohan or Sammy

My case is very similar to Bushmaster's Overstay, proceedings, my gf and I got married. We have been married over 2 years. We have an approved I-130. I-485 had been filed along with the relevant forms and such by our Lawyer. He's been very thorough and professional about everything. My master calender hearing is coming up. Fingerprinting done about 2 months ago. Do I get the results in mail or they get added to my file in Immigration court? Bushmaster, how did it work out for you on the master calender hearing date? Could you describe it? Do they do any kind of interview on that date or just set the date for an individual hearing and how far down the road? Also, what do we need to bring to the master calender hearing? Mohan, Sammy or anyone who's been through this, we would really appreciate your advice. Also, application for EAD has been filed 2 1/2 months ago and no word on it yet. God Bless All!!

My case is very similar to Bushmaster's Overstay, proceedings, my gf and I got married. We have been married over 2 years. We have an approved I-130. I-485 had been filed along with the relevant forms and such by our Lawyer. He's been very thorough and professional about everything. My master calender hearing is coming up. Fingerprinting done about 2 months ago. Do I get the results in mail or they get added to my file in Immigration court? Bushmaster, how did it work out for you on the master calender hearing date? Could you describe it? Do they do any kind of interview on that date or just set the date for an individual hearing and how far down the road? Also, what do we need to bring to the master calender hearing? Mohan, Sammy or anyone who's been through this, we would really appreciate your advice. Also, application for EAD has been filed 2 1/2 months ago and no word on it yet. God Bless All!!

Sorry, Wasn't paying attention lately to the board. Yes very similar to my case...

It sounds like you have done everything right so far. This master calendar hearing, judge will go thru all the docs and such filed with the court, review it and give you a final hearing date. Judge will also ask the INS if your fingerprints came back OK. Final hearing will be according to your IJ's calendar. If s/he has more than one openings, s/he will ask what best suits with the counsel. it could be a week or 3-4 months. (This depends on the court too, I don't know where you are, I was in MN)

So in short, there is not a thing to worry about at this point...

Where was the EAD filed?
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Bushmaster, Thanks for your reply. It was filed in KY. Any helpful advice is always appreciated. Thanks and God Bless All!!

Yea I think I remember you buddy, well you don't need any advice really, just stay calm, court hearings make people nervous even though you know the probable outcome...

Last master hearing is not a big deal really, just let me know when your individual is going to be... That you need to be prepared for...

Thanks again Bushmaster for your reply. As for the individual hearing, we're getting together all the paperwork and bills and proof of joint life and such. What kind of preparation are you refering to for the individual hearing? How did you guys prepare for it? You're right about being nervous but since you've been there, I'd really appreciate your advice. Thanks and God Bless!!

I am kind of busy this week, but go get that master hearing done and then I will have time and tell you in details what to do. We had all kinds of evidence too but they never went thru anything, but there will be questioning, and there is a possibility at INS discretion that you may be seperated from your spouse, I have a list of questions that you may want to work on, but other than that, they won't get into detailed questions unless they suspect fraud. Be cool.

Bushmaster, you have an email address that I can contact you? Thanks.