publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Question about documents that accompany I-130/I-129F and general K-3 procedure

Im a UK citizen and my wife is a US citizen, we are currently in our respective countries and desperately want to persue the K-3 visa route to be reunited again, we've been apart for about 5 months and are very confused with the whole proces. (like everyone else i'd assume!)

When filing the I-130/129F forms it says you have to provide a colour photo taken within 30 days and a signed and completed G-325A Biographical Info form for both parties.

Now, seeing as im currently in a different country and the forms have to be filed by my wife in the US, do I have to send over a completed and signed form and photo to her to file in the states?

The rest of the form seems fairly straightforward, but any additional advice or info regarding this k-3 procedure would be greatly appreciated!

thanks again

Im a UK citizen and my wife is a US citizen, we are currently in our respective countries and desperately want to persue the K-3 visa route to be reunited again, we've been apart for about 5 months and are very confused with the whole proces. (like everyone else i'd assume!)

When filing the I-130/129F forms it says you have to provide a colour photo taken within 30 days and a signed and completed G-325A Biographical Info form for both parties.

Now, seeing as im currently in a different country and the forms have to be filed by my wife in the US, do I have to send over a completed and signed form and photo to her to file in the states?

The rest of the form seems fairly straightforward, but any additional advice or info regarding this k-3 procedure would be greatly appreciated!

thanks again

Form I-130 has to be filed by your wife in the states on your behalf. You can fill out form I-129F and other supporting forms and UPS or mail it to her.

Once she gets a receipt for I-130 then she can file I-129F with copy of that receipt so you can get K-3 (spouse of USC) visa. It will take 6-9 months for BCIS to approve you K-3. Also factor in few week to a month for consular processing.

Once you arrive to the US on K-3 visa and upon approval of I-130 you can file for adjustment of status package (I-485, I-765).

Thankyou for your response,

wow, another 6-9 months seems a very long time!

I was reading something about the LIFE act which is supposed to expedite these sort of proceedings for spouses living apart isnt it? Will this mean it might be quicker than that, or is 6+ months relatively quick in the usual time frame for these type of applications?

thanks again

LIFE act is a totally different ball park and doesn't aply to your case. It's for spouses that are already in the US. 6-9 months is not long at all considering some people are separated for years. 9 months is a long shot. Usually it's 4-5 months plus time for consular processing.