free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can any one HELP ME PLEASE

Ok so here's my story I'm 24 years old and I personaly dont know much about imigration and immigration laws this is all new to me. I was born and raised in the USA. I started dating a guy about 6 months ago and I have completele fell in love with him and I just found out a few weeks ago that he is not legal here. We started talking and his mom brought him and his brother to the US when he was 7 which would have made his brother 3 so its not like they really knew it was illegal. there mom moved back to mexico a month ago and from what I understand she was legal here. now him and his brother are concidered illegal. I'm scared to lose him and we don't really know what we can do to make him legal or if he can become legal here. I have heard from others that he can't and others that he can so I'm so confused. I also heard that if he goes to mexico he can't come back to the US for al least 10 years if ever again. I wish I knew what I could do to make it so he could stay here with me legally. can any one help me or point me in the right direction. I don't have money to pay for a lawyer I'm struggling as it is. so any help at all would be great. Thanks

Hi, how did his mother become legal and is she now a US Citizen?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Oh , that is a very difficult situation . The only thing that you can do is pray and hope that, they will pass an immigration reform . If his mother were a US citizen , she could have applied for him ,he would have become a citizen in short time , specially in 2001 with I 245 but I don't think she is a citizen . Que puedo decir , ora amiga y no te des por vencida !

Someone12
    now that's smart....take advice from a border jumping sleaze like reinosa....I see that the trailerparks are still producing village idiots....why do you think this illegal douchebag is courting you? For love? Get real. All he wants (just like reinosa) is a green card and both of these lowlifes don't care how many laws they break in the process.
    Twenty minutes after you marry this clown you will discover his true side -- and you won't like it.

Not difficult at all. Even though he is illegal you can marry him and either adjust his status here, or he can get an immigrant visa at the American Embassy or Consulate of the country of which he is a citizen. Nothing to worry about. I would advise to use an attorney when filing the adjustment of status application.

Since you are a Citizen, I`m sure he can get legal after marrying you, but you must consult a immigration lawyer.

he can't sdjust status because of being illegal here for sometime . It is my same situation my wife is a US Citizen , and I can't adjust here . Iam going to say if you are not married don't marry him so he can become legal . Relationships need time , you just know this person for 6 months , Marriage is a serious issue . So my advice is don't rush things . For sure he will have to leave and adjust his status in his home country . It can take up to 10 years ! If after some time , you think that is the path you want to take go ahead but it is not going to be easy . So you have to see the big picture and not just feelings .

Originally posted by reinosa:
    he can't sdjust status because of being illegal here for sometime . It is my same situation my wife is a US Citizen , and I can't adjust here . Iam going to say if you are not married don't marry him so he can become legal . Relationships need time , you just know this person for 6 months , Marriage is a serious issue . So my advice is don't rush things . For sure he will have to leave and adjust his status in his home country . It can take up to 10 years ! If after some time , you think that is the path you want to take go ahead but it is not going to be easy . So you have to see the big picture and not just feelings .
    Iam not discouraging you from following this relationship but what Iam saying , think twice .We are going to some challenges in our marriage because after I finish my degree , I plan to go to my home country and apply for a permanent residency ,At least I have a work permit and I can work and live here legally but your beloved doesn't have anything , he could get deported anytime . How do you feel about him being over there and you here , what about if there are children ? It would be hard for the family .So just let time tell you what to do .Immigration is unfair but since we broke the Law coming here illegally , we lost our rights according to the Law and we have to pay for our mistakes , it is harder when other people pay for your mistakes ( children)

Reinosa- good advice about not getting married just to keep someone here legally. However, There is no bar to adjustment of status based on how long you have been illegal. You can be illegally here for 50 years and still adjust based on a petition from an immediate relative (US citizen child or spouse) as long as you made a legal entry and have the evidence to prove it.

Yes, correct. But even not 50 years, even only 38 years as long as one has continuously resided in the US since before 01/01/1972, regardless of mode of entry, and with petitioner or not.

I know it's just a figure of speech for emphasis. Sorry, Mrs. Mani, I'm just bored. And it shows.