publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 Process. How does it work?

Hi All....My parents are US citizen. They applied for my married sister and her family who currently reside in India to migrate to USA. There priority date is Jan 22, 2001. Currently, they are processing Dec 15, 2000 for India.

I have following questions, so any help you can provide would be truly appreciated.

1) When I migrated to US on I-130 filed by my uncle for my mother (brother/sister category) he had to send us the I-864 and we took it with us during our interview. I read somewhere that now the process has changed and NVC will send us I-864 which we need to complete and send it back to them for processing? Is this true? If yes, approximately how many weeks/months before hand they send this I-864 to petitioner given my sister's priority date is only month away and we have not received anything in mail yet.

2) How many years of tax return do we need to submit them?

Thanks for all your help.

Hi All....My parents are US citizen. They applied for my married sister and her family who currently reside in India to migrate to USA. There priority date is Jan 22, 2001. Currently, they are processing Dec 15, 2000 for India.

I have following questions, so any help you can provide would be truly appreciated.

1) When I migrated to US on I-130 filed by my uncle for my mother (brother/sister category) he had to send us the I-864 and we took it with us during our interview. I read somewhere that now the process has changed and NVC will send us I-864 which we need to complete and send it back to them for processing? Is this true? If yes, approximately how many weeks/months before hand they send this I-864 to petitioner given my sister's priority date is only month away and we have not received anything in mail yet.

2) How many years of tax return do we need to submit them?

Thanks for all your help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If yes, approximately how many weeks/months before hand they send this I-864 to petitioner given my sister's priority date is only month away and we h </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now according to new process, you deal with National Visa Center here in US. You send I-864 and DS-230 here at NVC. You can also pay visa fees here. When paperwork is complete, the file will be send to India. Embassy or Consulate will set an appointment and call for interview. Only Medical and Police Report will be done in India before interview.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tak:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If yes, approximately how many weeks/months before hand they send this I-864 to petitioner given my sister's priority date is only month away and we h </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now according to new process, you deal with National Visa Center here in US. You send I-864 and DS-230 here at NVC. You can also pay visa fees here. When paperwork is complete, the file will be send to India. Embassy or Consulate will set an appointment and call for interview. Only Medical and Police Report will be done in India before interview. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi thank you for the answer. So the question still remains when will NVC send us these documents? I mean within how many weeks/months advance before the priority date becomes current?

After I-130 is approved and file is forwarded to NVC by the service center. After that NVC will send you letter with instructions. You will have a lot of time to do the paper-work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tak:
    After I-130 is approved and file is forwarded to NVC by the service center. After that NVC will send you letter with instructions. You will have a lot of time to do the paper-work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok there seems to be some confusion here. The I-130 was filed in January 2001. It was approved and sent to NVC on March 2002. Now the priority date is Dec 2001. So the priority date for my sister to become current is only 1-month, which might take another 3 calendar months. So the question I have now is when will NVC send us the documents you have mentioned?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jp11:
    ... when will NVC send us the documents you have mentioned? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> about now