50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Umesh/Mohan and friends please help

I am an Indian citizen married to USC and have an AOS case pending here in Chicago. It is been over 15 months now and still no sign of finger printing nor interview with INS. In the mean time my dad wants me to come home and help him close one of our factories. I have a EAD and hopefully I will get a Advance parole since I have Never been illegal nor Out of status anytime. My question is can I go there and apply for a GC at the consulate I have heard that it is much much more faster then over here. Your input is really appreciated Umesh/Mohan and friends. what do you think? Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Raju

I am an Indian citizen married to USC and have an AOS case pending here in Chicago. It is been over 15 months now and still no sign of finger printing nor interview with INS. In the mean time my dad wants me to come home and help him close one of our factories. I have a EAD and hopefully I will get a Advance parole since I have Never been illegal nor Out of status anytime. My question is can I go there and apply for a GC at the consulate I have heard that it is much much more faster then over here. Your input is really appreciated Umesh/Mohan and friends. what do you think? Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Raju

If you want to switch to a consular processing you first have to withdraw your I-485 and then file form I-824 (application for action on an approved application or petition). This will initiate the process of forwarding your approved I-130 to a consular/embassy.

The problem is it takes 8-10 months for BCIS to approve I-824.

I'd say you just get advanced parole and sit tight. You're almost there.

To, OK
    Thank you so much for the response.
    Raju

To,
    Umesh/mohan would you like to add something more to Ok's Comments? Please that would be helpfull.

Raju

OK is right, it will take more time to get Immigrant Visa in India. With Advance Parole, you can not stay for such a long time there. Moreover, if you will withdraw your I-485 then your EAD will also be cancelled. It is better for you to check status of your petition online at www.bcis.gov and then make arrangements to go to India by obtaining Advance Parole. To avoid any further hassels, it would be better that you go to India alongwith your wife.
    Good luck.

Umesh thank you so much for your response. Ofcourse if i do decide to go to india my wife will join me Nodoubt about that. I had just heard that it would be faster in india then over here that is all. Well now you and ok have answered so i guess i will just wait and watch i guess.

Raju

Things do happen fast once the Indian consulate receives forwarded I-130, however it's the time needed for the embassy to receive your immigrant visa petition through filing I-824 is the cause of delay.