50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 dies when petitioner dies

My brother applied I-130 in 1997, He passed away after my applicaction was approved and priority date was July 18 1997. and I was in USA when my brother applied and still living in USA since that date.(Obama passed the law on Ocotber 2009 is that apply)

I am wondering can I apply for reinstate the I-130 application. even though it was up on 2007 or 2008.
    If I can apply for reinstate still do I need to show the humanitarian ground for consideration.

If I can apply still do I need to submit substitute sponsor form I-864, even though I have more than 10 years (equal to 40 quarters) work in USA or just need I-864W

If I can apply which address I need to send my application, initial apllication was approved from LIN (lincoln), nevraska. (now I-130 form submit address changed to chicago)

finally do I need imm. lawyer for that or I can do myself.

I will highly appreciate if any one can answered above questions.

My brother applied I-130 in 1997, He passed away after my applicaction was approved and priority date was July 18 1997. and I was in USA when my brother applied and still living in USA since that date.(Obama passed the law on Ocotber 2009 is that apply)

I am wondering can I apply for reinstate the I-130 application. even though it was up on 2007 or 2008.
    If I can apply for reinstate still do I need to show the humanitarian ground for consideration.

If I can apply still do I need to submit substitute sponsor form I-864, even though I have more than 10 years (equal to 40 quarters) work in USA or just need I-864W

If I can apply which address I need to send my application, initial apllication was approved from LIN (lincoln), nevraska. (now I-130 form submit address changed to chicago)

finally do I need imm. lawyer for that or I can do myself.

I will highly appreciate if any one can answered above questions.

petition no longer died if petitioner dies. you have 40 qtrs you only required I 864W.
    its your choice to fill the form or let attorney do it.. no difference if you know what you are doing
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

An attorney will charge you thousands of dollars for that. You should call the USCIS 1800 # and get instructions.

Check out my site...I'd be glad to help you if I can.

www.munozservicios.com
    Document Translations
    Immigration Applications
    Interpretation Services
    Notarizations

I received letter from uscis stating that I can reinstate the petition if any factor exist which found department of states foreign affairs manual. some of the factor are like beneficiary is elderly or in poor health, beneficiary has had lengthy residence in us, beneficiary has no home to go to.

I am wondering is any one reply with that kind of Humanitarian consideration or give me any advise.