free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: expeditious naturalization

Hi everyone,

This is my 1st post and i am sorry for probably going over old ground. This site has some really good information on various issues however its hard to put into your own situation!

I am trying become an USC, I am a UK citizen and my father is a USC. My father was born in the US and came to the UK in 1961 at the age of 12 and some years later married my mother. He has resided in Florida now for the last 28 years!

I should have taken care of this some years ago but i did not!

I am now 36 and want to see if i can get my USC via expeditious naturalization through either my grandmother or grandfather!

Here is the problem! My grandmother meets the physical presence prior to coming to the UK (She came when she was 35) however i am led to beleive that as she died in the UK this would not be an option??? My grandfather i do not know nor does my Dad (Well he says he does not however I have not check his Birth certificate) What i do know is that he was born and died in the US.

Can I use my grandfather to gain USC although i do not know his details???

I have tried all of the state websites to try and find out what forms or what i need to do and i keep on coming to the N 600 from of which is not right for me. Well that is what i am thinking!

I thank you for taking the time to read this post and welcome any thoughts or ideas you may have. I feel this is my last chance of getting any help.

Kindest Regards

Nick Swartout

Hi everyone,

This is my 1st post and i am sorry for probably going over old ground. This site has some really good information on various issues however its hard to put into your own situation!

I am trying become an USC, I am a UK citizen and my father is a USC. My father was born in the US and came to the UK in 1961 at the age of 12 and some years later married my mother. He has resided in Florida now for the last 28 years!

I am now 36 and want to see if i can get my USC via expeditious naturalization through either my grandmother or grandfather!

Here is the problem! My grandmother meets the physical presence prior to coming to the UK (She came when she was 35) however i am led to beleive that as she died in the UK this would not be an option??? My grandfather i do not know nor does my Dad (Well he says he does not however I have not check his Birth certificate) What i do know is that he was born and died in the US.

I have tried all of the state websites to try and find out what forms or what i need to do and i keep on coming to the N 600 from of which is not right for me. Well that is what i am thinking!

I thank you for taking the time to read this post and welcome any thoughts or ideas you may have. I feel this is my last chance of getting any help.

Kindest Regards

Nick Swartout

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by I Need Some Help:
    Hi everyone,

Kindest Regards

Nick Swartout </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Nick,

I don't understant why you want to use your grandmother/grandfather. What type of status do you have now. There is no requirement of sponsor to be naturalized. Are you confusing something there? Are you in the US at all?
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by I Need Some Help:
    Hi everyone,

Kindest Regards

Nick Swartout </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Nick,

I don't understand why you want to use your grandmother/grandfather. What type of status do you have now. Are you confusing something there? Are you in the US at all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you can find all your answers here:

http://www.avimalek.com/EXPEDITIOUSnATURALIZATION.htm
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Dear Kollerkrot,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not live in the US now and i never have. My Father has and i would like to at some point in the future.

The reason i had said my grandparents was that due to my father not meeting the required time in the US before my birth and after the age of 14 this i thought was my only option?

Regards

Hey Nick and welcome to ILW,

Not sure about expeditious naturalization, but according to the excerpt below (from USCIS website), your dad should be able to file a petition for you.

If the sponsor is a U.S. Citizen, they may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the U.S:

•Husband or wife
    •Unmarried child under 21 years of age
    •Unmarried son or daughter over 21
    •Married son or daughter of any age
    •Brother or sister, if the sponsor is at least 21 years old, or
    •Parent, if the sponsor is at least 21 years old.

Thanks Proud USC,

This is good news... As i do not have a set date in which i plan to come to the US would this cause a problem with my father sponsoring me? If so would there be another way to obtain USC or obtain a Americal passport?

My reasons Initially were to gain USC and then i would have dual nationality and this would allow me to then decide when it was right for me to move to the US. I know USCIS state they would rather you did not have dual nationality but I was thinking I would like to hold a US passport.

Thank you all so much for your advice.

Kindest Regards

NIck Swartout

Hi Nick,

I don't think it matters when your dad files the petition. I think that would be the quickest path for you at this point.

Yes, the USA frowns on dual citizenship, but does allow it. Good luck!

Thank you...

Sorry to sound stupid! I take it this would have to be completed on my behalf by my father in the US? Would you know if i would have to do anything or would I just have to wait for them to get in contact?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I take it this would have to be completed on my behalf by my father in the US </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is correct. For more information, please take a look at the link below.
    http://www.immigrationlawyersn...rm_res_family/5.aspx