ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



Immigration Daily

Chinese Immig. Daily

The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: need help concerning bar on returning back to usa.

  1. #1
    Could someone kindly give me some advise as to how it works, I have overstayed 5months and 10days, since my waiver visa of 3 months expired, so in total i have stayed here for 8 months and 10 days, now I want to leave and will i get barred to return here, or will I just miss getting it, if I leave in the next few weeks.

  2. #2
    If you are pretty, marry me and I can file a petition for you and you can come back! I dont need no money!

    Just a lot of sex!!

  3. #3
    You should be fine at this point. If you overstay by more than 180 days, 3 year bar applies, if more than a year - 10 year bar.

  4. #4
    There is an overwhelming chance that you will lose the waiver privilege the next time you try to enter the US...the INS keeps track of waiver travel and since you decided that our laws did not apply to you on this trip (quick, what is the difference between 90 days and 240?) you will discover another law that you will have to obey - that of not abusing the waiver privilege and the results of having done so. Your next "visit" to the US will most likely be very short - in the airport and out the same day. Next time, consider obeying our laws.90 days does not mean 200 or more as an authorized stay.

  5. #5
    I believe that Abolit is correct.

    However, call the INS and double check (make sure you talk to an immigration officer or call several times as the people who answer the phones are frequently poorly informed, but with enough work you can verify the info.

    Or briefly call a lawyers office, you might be able to get the answer to this question without being charged.

  6. #6
    Dear Aibolit, Ray, Spouse, thank you very much for your kind replies, I really thank you all for your generocity and good nature of your hearts, I am very grateful for your help. Yes we could do with kind words given in wise advice. Nice to know there are kind people everywhere in this world. Bye for now. I have taken your advise and a lawyers, and am leaving today to return soon.And will not be getting into any trouble as you said, and will have no problem in return of waiver visa again at all. So you were right.Thanks
    Love Seema.

  7. #7
    I really am glad to hear that things have turned out for you and you consulted an attorney.

    I want to wish you good luck upon your return and hope that all goes well for you!

    God Bless You!

Similar Threads

  1. Outside the USA for more than 3 years. Any way to get back?
    By Artem in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 03:04 AM
    By Raju in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
  3. how to come back to usa
    By torontojack in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 12:27 PM
  4. can i come back to usa
    By torontojack in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:25 AM
  5. returning to USA for our wedding
    By kate and dan in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: