50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I be deported for offenses tht ocured in 1966 and 1973?

I'm going for a Deferal Inspection for something that happened in 1966 and 1973 that latter was a felony where I spend 30 days in jail, since then I've had no trouble with law.This hapened when returning to the states after a short trip abroad, they took my passport and green card.

Could I be Deported for this?

I'm going for a Deferal Inspection for something that happened in 1966 and 1973 that latter was a felony where I spend 30 days in jail, since then I've had no trouble with law.This hapened when returning to the states after a short trip abroad, they took my passport and green card.

Could I be Deported for this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harald:

Could I be Deported for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When is your deferred inspection and what were the crimes for?

Under the INA (Immigration law) there are no statue of limitations regarding past crimes so yes, it is possible you could be deported (called removal now).

Really need more information and you might well want to get a good Immigration lawyers advice too. Most on this board are lay-lawyers, myself included.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

My date is the 17 of this month, the offence was Malicious Mischief in 1966 and sentened two two day in jail adpay fine. In 1973 I was charged with burglary and sentendo 30 das in jail

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    When is your deferred inspection and what were the crimes for?

Under the INA (Immigration law) there are no statue of limitations regarding past crimes so yes, it is possible you could be deported (called removal no
    Really need more information and you might well want to get a good Immigration lawyers advice too. Most on this board are lay-lawyers, myself included. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I went to see one but as told to wait to see what hapens at the hearing

Thank you for your reply. I applied for my Social Security Benefits also, I'm 62 but because they are holding my Passport and Green card they can not process my Benefits and Pension. What would happened to my Benefits if I'm deported? If they want me to go, I will, although I have no relatives where I ws borned everyone is here in the States I Imigrated in 1964, I just want my Pasport and my Benefits. can you help me with your opinion?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harald:
    Thank you for your reply. I applied for my Social Security Benefits also, I'm 62 but because they are holding my Passport and Green card they can not process my Benefits and Pension. What would happened to my Benefits if I'm deported? If they want me to go, I will, although I have no relatives where I ws borned everyone is here in the States I Imigrated in 1964, I just want my Pasport and my Benefits. can you help me with your opinion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harald, you will be deported. Do not go to the deferred inspection. You can keep any private pension, but deported aliens cannot collect social security.

Thank you for your comments but I don't think I qualify for deportation based on the reply I received from Brit4064. Look under "Immigration consequences of convictions summary" very Interesting to read. I don't fall under any of the CIMT statue. I'm thinking positive tha's all I have right now!