free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umesh passi- Well come back

Its nice to see u back in this forum. I have been praying for ur full return, because I am facing serious problem now. I have an appeal pending in Fed court at its very early stage. Recently, I have been issued a deportation notice, I have been asked to report at INS office with baggage for return to home country. I spoke to my attorney, she says they can't deport u as u have case still pending, however, they can detain u till ur case is decided. As u know this type of case takes long time, therefore, I am realy upset about it.
    What are ur views & comments? Do u think they will try to come & arrest me at home after the due date? My attorney has sent them a letter explaining the situation along with copies of the court letters showing that case is under process.
    I will appreciate an early reply to my post Thanks

Its nice to see u back in this forum. I have been praying for ur full return, because I am facing serious problem now. I have an appeal pending in Fed court at its very early stage. Recently, I have been issued a deportation notice, I have been asked to report at INS office with baggage for return to home country. I spoke to my attorney, she says they can't deport u as u have case still pending, however, they can detain u till ur case is decided. As u know this type of case takes long time, therefore, I am realy upset about it.
    What are ur views & comments? Do u think they will try to come & arrest me at home after the due date? My attorney has sent them a letter explaining the situation along with copies of the court letters showing that case is under process.
    I will appreciate an early reply to my post Thanks

Your attorney is right, your case is still pending. Your attorney should try to get a restraining order against the Immigration, so that they may not arrest you or deport you till the pendency of your case.
    Good luck.

How long does it take to get restraining order? U think my should charge me additional fee for this service? I have paid her for appeal in fed court. Which court she has to apply this order? Thanks again.

Your Attorney will apply for Restraining Order in the same court, where your Appeal is pending. As for fee is concerned, it depends on your Retainer Agreement with the Attorney.
    Good luck.

thank u umesh

"Your attorney should try to get a restraining order against the Immigration..."

Sorry to interrupt, but i have concern regarding this post. the answer for this post is not always right.
    nothing against you Mr. passi, with due respect, alien can be deported even his case is pending, the attorney is wrong, these days under IRIIRa there are many provision that alien can fight their case from abroad so INS can deport alien anytime if the deportation order is existed. ONe have to prove why alien should be allowed to adjust Or fight the case while he is in united states?
    Alien has to file for cencellation of removal as there are no automatic stay in some cases while appeal is pending OR case is pending.

I have similiar situation a while ago, and both mohan and umesh are wrong here. there is noone can sought a "restraining order" against immigration, you should know Mr. passi; nor a person has to be out while pending appeal.should read the rules of appeal, mohan.Bunch of immigration guru pretenders.

A restraining order? It doesnt sound right. You better seek proffesional help.