free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: just got married and need help on how to file for permanent residence

hi,
    i just recently got married and i am staying illegally here in the US for years now. My husband decided to petition me but we don't knw what are the steps we need to do. I am wondering if someone can help me. I don't want to use any lawyer because it cost too much. I am wondering if it is possible to just file any documents that needed ourselves. please if anyone is in the same position or know how to go about it i really appreciate it if you can help me.

maria

hi,
    i just recently got married and i am staying illegally here in the US for years now. My husband decided to petition me but we don't knw what are the steps we need to do. I am wondering if someone can help me. I don't want to use any lawyer because it cost too much. I am wondering if it is possible to just file any documents that needed ourselves. please if anyone is in the same position or know how to go about it i really appreciate it if you can help me.

maria

Did you enter the U.S. with or without inspection? If you entered without inspection, then you probably can't adjust without a waiver.

info@myronmorales.com

i entered without inspection

what's a waiver?

Maria...then you will be have a very hard time to adjust your status to legal. You have to be very careful, do not go to BCIS alone on any cause even for asking info...coz' they can detain you on the spot and deport you. I think you have no choice except hire a VERY GOOD lawyer, even that, you chance is very small. But I don't know if any of ppl in here ever have similar case with you...but for what I know, when someone came in illegal and without inspection...its VERY TOUGH. Anyway, hope someone can light your case. I'm not a lawyer, pls act accordingly.

i really hope that i can my husband and i can take care of this situation. I was actually under petitioned by my mom and it was already current but it's taking forever to process and my husband and i just couldn't wait any longer. i am getting old and we just want to live together. I have been here in the US for 10 years now. anyway i really hope and pray that if someone here had the same situation they can help me on how to fix my situation.

Your only hope at this point is if Congress either passes a new law or reinstates 245(i).

HI
    you can apply and in approx. 6-8 months you will need to go back to the contry you came from and do a prosses there. ALSO there is a certin amount your husband/wife needs to earn in order to pition for you or you could get a sponser. Once back in your contry you could be held on a 10 year bar or you could be allowed back in the US there is no way to be sure. The whole thing takes about a year and a half from start to finish. however if by chance they bring back the old law then you can apply for that and not be forced to leave.My only advice would be to talk to a catholic diocese or some one of that nature they can help you at a lower fee than a lawyer and thay are real nice people. Not that lawyers are not but that is my choice