50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Advance Parole

Hi, does anyone know how long it takes Texas BCIS to approve an Advance Parole? They got my Adjustment of Status package in early April (I-485, I-765 Application for Work Authorization, and I-131 Application for Travel Document). My EAD card came quickly, in May, and in June I got fingerprinted. Now I have to travel abroad on business, but haven't heard anything from BCIS since June regarding my Travel Doc. Thanks!

Hi, does anyone know how long it takes Texas BCIS to approve an Advance Parole? They got my Adjustment of Status package in early April (I-485, I-765 Application for Work Authorization, and I-131 Application for Travel Document). My EAD card came quickly, in May, and in June I got fingerprinted. Now I have to travel abroad on business, but haven't heard anything from BCIS since June regarding my Travel Doc. Thanks!

Do you know the consequences of using the advance parole and if you are not approved for green card?
    Just checking, not sure if you had a lawyer or not.

"Do you know the consequences of using the advance parole and if you are not approved for green card?"

Do you mean travelling while AOS pending or after being denied?? Please explain.

Sorry, I worded that the wrong way.
    Basically, we were going to apply for the Advance Parole but our lawyer explained what could happen.
    He told us that if we USED this advance parole and then I was denied my green card then that forfeited my chance to go in front of a judge to try to change it.
    I hope I explained that correct.

At times it takes years for AOS to get processed. Now what do you do if you need to go out of the country- you use Advance Parole. I don't see any problem with that and then again I am not a lawyer.

Do you know of anybody who faced this problem??

Well I am not sure if I can explain this correctly but I will try to.
    Ok...here it goes.
    I entered the US and then got married while I was here. Once I filed for my greencard that allows me one entry into the united states. But I used that one entry when I entered in before I got married.
    If I was to go back to Canada on Advance Parole, when I come back in then I am on Parole and I was told by my lawyer that first off, they Do not have to let me back in the US even if I have the advance parole. Also if I was denied my greencard at the interview, if I wanted to go to court and try to get it changed then I lost my opportunity to do so being that I was in the country on parole.
    You may want to just call a lawyer and they could explain it better than that.
    I have a friend from Canada who was told the same law and chose not to apply for it. She went for her interview after one yr and was denied her green card and went to court and was approved for it.

Did you enter the US on fiance visa?? If you did, fiance visa allows one entry only.
    Once you apply for AOS and need to travel out of the country, you use advance parole which is valid for a year and allows multiple entries. I don't see any reason why immigration would stop you from entering the country again with advance parole.

No I didn't enter on Fiance Visa but it works the same way when I file, I used my one entry when I came across.
    I went out and read about the Advance Parole and it said that it does not guarantee you be allowed re-entry.
    I have lived right on the border for 30 years and there is many many times that I or people that I know have been refused to enter US for different reasons. Just to go even shopping or eating out if you don't act kind or you get a difficult officer then they have every right to refuse you if you are not a US citizen.
    Unfortuately, they have the power to do it.
    I hope you don't think that I am being a no-it-all about this, because I really am not, I am just going by what our lawyer told us and recommended. I would hate to see that happen to anyone. Especially after waiting so long for interview and then get it screwed up.
    Her is a copy of what I read.....

Does an Advance Parole guarantee the admission into the United States?
    A: No, Advance Parole, like a visa to the U.S., does not guarantee admission into the United States. Aliens who have obtained Advance Parole are still subject to the INS inspection process at the port of entry.