50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: In crisis...what do I do now?

I have an GC application with a sept 19 recieved date. It is based on marrige. Due to alot of challenging circumstances, constant conflict with his daughter (both him and I) and my husbands recent diagnosis of illness the stress has taken it's toll. He feels he might just want a divorce and walk away from everyone and everything. I have faith we will get through this once his daughter leaves home (2 weeks).
    1) If we do decide to divorce I presume I will have to pull my application. How will that affect my status. I am on a TN that is up Jan 31.
    2) If we separated for a brief time to allow him to come to terms with all that has happened the last year and catch his breathe, how would that affect my status?
    3) if I already had a work authorization (my 90 day waiting period is up) and worked would I be in trouble?
    4) If I had to pull my application and start from scratch would I have to leave the country and start again? ( I have been here as a nurse since 96) How would having a previous application affect a future one? What would the proceedure be and about how long would it all take?
    I would greatly appreciate some objective input as to my best course of action.
    Thank you so very very much!

I have an GC application with a sept 19 recieved date. It is based on marrige. Due to alot of challenging circumstances, constant conflict with his daughter (both him and I) and my husbands recent diagnosis of illness the stress has taken it's toll. He feels he might just want a divorce and walk away from everyone and everything. I have faith we will get through this once his daughter leaves home (2 weeks).
    1) If we do decide to divorce I presume I will have to pull my application. How will that affect my status. I am on a TN that is up Jan 31.
    2) If we separated for a brief time to allow him to come to terms with all that has happened the last year and catch his breathe, how would that affect my status?
    3) if I already had a work authorization (my 90 day waiting period is up) and worked would I be in trouble?
    4) If I had to pull my application and start from scratch would I have to leave the country and start again? ( I have been here as a nurse since 96) How would having a previous application affect a future one? What would the proceedure be and about how long would it all take?
    I would greatly appreciate some objective input as to my best course of action.
    Thank you so very very much!

Need more imput...

What was circumstances of working here since 1996?

What was your status before your marriage.

When did you marry US citizen?