free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Could they be saying the truth ? PLEASE

My situation is as follows...

Borned in Mexico, entered to the states with a tourist visa (expired 2+yrs ago)
    my grandpather filled up a petition for us (my dad, mom, brother and me) about 12 yrs ago, he died while petition was on INS
    Now im married to an USC, we called INS today they say there is nothing to do, they want to transfer the call to an immigration officer so he can start the deportation thing...

We talked to a lawyer firm this evening (Dorminey and Cox, LLC - Athens, GA) they told me there is nothing to be scared of since im married to an USC, i just need to fill out the forms (I-130 and G325A) to get my legal situation fixed. They also toldme that since my grandfather was an USC also, i should have no problems at all, my GC and work permit should be on the mail 30-60 days before we submit the peperwork.

Does that sounds like a true for you?

I talked to a lawyer last year, i wasnt married yet... she told me there was no option for me unless i waited for the 485i to come back and then, and only then should i try to do it...

Could you guys please help us out on this !!!

My situation is as follows...

Borned in Mexico, entered to the states with a tourist visa (expired 2+yrs ago)
    my grandpather filled up a petition for us (my dad, mom, brother and me) about 12 yrs ago, he died while petition was on INS
    Now im married to an USC, we called INS today they say there is nothing to do, they want to transfer the call to an immigration officer so he can start the deportation thing...

We talked to a lawyer firm this evening (Dorminey and Cox, LLC - Athens, GA) they told me there is nothing to be scared of since im married to an USC, i just need to fill out the forms (I-130 and G325A) to get my legal situation fixed. They also toldme that since my grandfather was an USC also, i should have no problems at all, my GC and work permit should be on the mail 30-60 days before we submit the peperwork.

Does that sounds like a true for you?

I talked to a lawyer last year, i wasnt married yet... she told me there was no option for me unless i waited for the 485i to come back and then, and only then should i try to do it...

Could you guys please help us out on this !!!

You were not married , then you have to wait for 245i to come back. But don't know why lawyersaid that you are entered legaslly.
    As you are married you can file for AOS which is i-130 and G325 Following by I-485.
    Your previously filed petion is history.. Dies with the petetioner.
    INS is Right also As you are overstayed and have no status, you will be put into the deportation proceedings.
    Apply ASAP, Before NTA is issued..
    Good luck

Thank you for answering this fast...

I got a few more questions for you
    do we need to file I-130, G-235 and I-485... i thought I-485 was not available right now, is it?
    what about I-485a ?

i would like to email you, it would be easier for me, i hope this is ok with you...

OK .
    I-130 and G-325 should be filed and I-1485 can be filed concurrently but It will only be looked at after the I-130 approval.

I-485A is not applied to you, You are entered legally, so you are adjusting 245a Not 245(i). 245i has expired and you didnot have your eligiblity preserved, nor you are grand fathered.

Hey there again,

Sorry i post a lot of questions, first af all... my english is far away to be perfect, and number two, im scared, im really scared... so my brain stoped working right

You mean we just need to start with I-130, G-325 and if they get approved then we can file I-485?

s o m e 1 m e x @ h o t m a i l . c o m
    thats my email if you think is easier that way, i do understand if you rather to post the messages on ILW

Thanks again

What about I-864
    I-693?

Sorry i have talked with 2 lawyers.. i explain the case on the phone so they can tell me if they can do something... they say they need to see the information i have, they charge me $75-100 usd for consultation and then they say SORRY, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO.. after we talked in the phone and explain the whole thing before the consultation !!!!

not being able to work is hard enough to spend the money in those kind of lawyers

IF you some personal question you feel cannot be discussed here, then Email the best way to communicate. You have generic questions. don't be scared to put on the board. Its not english test here so don't worry anout english as well as mistaskes. I often do it too.
    YEs your starting point is I-130 and G-325 togather.
    You have option to file I-485 with this above form OR you can wait until I-130 approved. Your choice.
    IF you file I-485 also , then INS will accept this for but will not process until I-130 approved.
    If you are filling I-485 you have to file I-864. If your spouse who IS USC ,income bellow the poverty line then you income should be included and I-864A form has to be filled more.
    You have to pay $ 50 Extra for fingerprinting IF filing I-485.
    You have Get medical certificate from INS approved Doctor in your area If filing I-485.
    Thats the whole package.