free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: L1A to Permanent Residency

Need guidance from someone.

I have been in the US since 2001 on L1A visa, working for a major oil company. Bought a house here and found my partner with whom I am living for 8 years now. Bought a house in 05 but went straight after that abroad on 2 years assignment. Back in the US in 07 and since then again on L1A visa. So technically, 8 years in the US, as I have not sold my house while abroad, continued to pay property taxes and use my banks in US, but most probably for immigration purposes these 2 yrs abroad will not count for me.
    I would like to remain obviously here and get permanent residency. My company is awfulyl bureaucratic and despite promises, does not want to sponsor my permanent residency application, arguing my new job is secured here on visa, no need for green card.

What other roads do I have ? Your help highly appreciated

Need guidance from someone.

I have been in the US since 2001 on L1A visa, working for a major oil company. Bought a house here and found my partner with whom I am living for 8 years now. Bought a house in 05 but went straight after that abroad on 2 years assignment. Back in the US in 07 and since then again on L1A visa. So technically, 8 years in the US, as I have not sold my house while abroad, continued to pay property taxes and use my banks in US, but most probably for immigration purposes these 2 yrs abroad will not count for me.
    I would like to remain obviously here and get permanent residency. My company is awfulyl bureaucratic and despite promises, does not want to sponsor my permanent residency application, arguing my new job is secured here on visa, no need for green card.

What other roads do I have ? Your help highly appreciated

You have no other possiblity execept the visa lottery or marriage to an American citizen of the opposite ***. Your time in the U.S. on an L-1 is not relevant to any application, so long as you were legally here.

That was opposite s e x. The filter here is strong.

Thanks. What about self-petitioning EB1 ?

Yes, that is possible, but few employees can do that, you have to be a boss type. Are you so exceptional? If you are, go for it.

Have you tried looking for another employer who will sponsor you for GC? If you are so exceptional, you must be able to find another employer who can do the L-1 then GC.