50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Employer-Sponsd. Petition and LULAC Case dilema

Hello, my name is Alan and I would like some advice on the following matter:
    My family and I have been waiting to obtain our Green Card through my father's employer sponsored petition. Me, my mother, and my father have all recieved our
    Employment Authorization cards, we've been fingerprinted, and we've all filed the Adjustment of Status forms. Now we're just waiting for the AOS interview in Connecticut.

The problem is that my father had a previous Employment Authorization Card that he recieved from a LULAC petition filed years ago for himself only. The card is already expired. He received a letter about a year ago regarding his LULAC case asking him to go get fingerprinted to continue to process his LULAC case. He never went because we were waiting for his employer sponsored petition, that applies to our entire family, to process. Our current lawyer told us that he didn't need to take any further action regarding the LULAC case because it would not continue as long as he never continued filing any paperwork for it, (fingerprinting, etc).

It turns out thought that the other attorney that was handling his LULAC case filed an Adjustment of Status form for him only under the LULAC petition.
    And This past week we recieved a letter from the INS for my father that had an AOS interview scheduled for him.

We thought it was the letter we were waiting for, but when we looked at the Alien Registration Number listed on the letter it did not correspond to my fathers Alien Registration Number listed on his current and valid Employment Authorization Card. When we looked at the old Employment Authorization Card from the LULAC case, we realized that there was a Alien Registration Number on the card and it corresponded with the number on the interview letter we got this week. Which means that the INS processed the LULAC case for my father.

Now we are lost as to what to do, whether my father should show up for the interview, but we're afraid that if he shows up for it he'll be the only one to get the Green Card if the interview goes well, seeing as how we are not included in the LULAC case.

We are lost, and whats worse is that the interview is scheduled for next week already.
    If anyone has some advice or knows of similar experiences and how this might turnout we'd truly appreciate getting the help.
    Thanks so much for your time, I can also be reached at J***aro16@hotmail.com

Hello, my name is Alan and I would like some advice on the following matter:
    My family and I have been waiting to obtain our Green Card through my father's employer sponsored petition. Me, my mother, and my father have all recieved our
    Employment Authorization cards, we've been fingerprinted, and we've all filed the Adjustment of Status forms. Now we're just waiting for the AOS interview in Connecticut.

The problem is that my father had a previous Employment Authorization Card that he recieved from a LULAC petition filed years ago for himself only. The card is already expired. He received a letter about a year ago regarding his LULAC case asking him to go get fingerprinted to continue to process his LULAC case. He never went because we were waiting for his employer sponsored petition, that applies to our entire family, to process. Our current lawyer told us that he didn't need to take any further action regarding the LULAC case because it would not continue as long as he never continued filing any paperwork for it, (fingerprinting, etc).

It turns out thought that the other attorney that was handling his LULAC case filed an Adjustment of Status form for him only under the LULAC petition.
    And This past week we recieved a letter from the INS for my father that had an AOS interview scheduled for him.

We thought it was the letter we were waiting for, but when we looked at the Alien Registration Number listed on the letter it did not correspond to my fathers Alien Registration Number listed on his current and valid Employment Authorization Card. When we looked at the old Employment Authorization Card from the LULAC case, we realized that there was a Alien Registration Number on the card and it corresponded with the number on the interview letter we got this week. Which means that the INS processed the LULAC case for my father.

Now we are lost as to what to do, whether my father should show up for the interview, but we're afraid that if he shows up for it he'll be the only one to get the Green Card if the interview goes well, seeing as how we are not included in the LULAC case.

We are lost, and whats worse is that the interview is scheduled for next week already.
    If anyone has some advice or knows of similar experiences and how this might turnout we'd truly appreciate getting the help.
    Thanks so much for your time, I can also be reached at J***aro16@hotmail.com