publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Border guard did'nt even look at me??

I crossed the border a few months back with my boyfriend(US citizen) I'm canadian anyway got to the border late at night, the guard looked at my boyfriend who was driving asked citizenship he said USA and then said "have a good night" did'nt even look at me!! What gives how long can I stay now no record of me entering the counrty. Can you believe their so relaxed sometimes and uptight at the same time... What do you all think???

I crossed the border a few months back with my boyfriend(US citizen) I'm canadian anyway got to the border late at night, the guard looked at my boyfriend who was driving asked citizenship he said USA and then said "have a good night" did'nt even look at me!! What gives how long can I stay now no record of me entering the counrty. Can you believe their so relaxed sometimes and uptight at the same time... What do you all think???

where are are you from?

sorry where were you going into U.S or canada?

I am not 100% sure what the normal regulations are, but I would guess that they would normally issue you a stamp in your passport or at the very least take your driver's license. My guess is that you are currently illegal, however that may not be completely accurate as you are a Canadian citizen and do not need a visa. However, you will be limited by at least 3-6 months as a tourist, which means that you will DEFINITELY be here illegally at the end of that time.

If I were you I would call INS (a few times) and check the information or talk to someone in order to clear this situation up as quickly as possible. Since there is no record of you crossing into the US, you may be considered as entering illegally. Therefore, if you are caught on the way back to Canada, there may be a bar or something that is applicable.

However, depending on how the border works, you may not be stopped at all leaving the USA, and may only be stopped upon entering Canada. Which would mean that unless there is communication between the two border systems (which I doubt) that you may be able to get away with having been here without anyone catching you.

Personally, I wouldn't want to risk it, and I would do everything in my power to correct the situation asap, before you have more problems at a later date.

sorry unclear on my post I am Canadian crossing over to the US. I did go ack to Canada and had no problems, corssed back to the Us again and they did'nt stamp my passport... At the border crossing do they run your passport thru a computer to check your status?? I know they do at the airport. I will check out my situation ASAP.

If you are not an arab/muslim looking person, you should not have any problem.