free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP ASAP!!!Divorced filing for removal of conditional residence

hi i have some question i married my wife couple of years ago and i was granted a conditional card she ended up divorcing me this feb before our anniversary which is march my card expires oct 10 03 and i still havent filed the papers to remove my status the paper was signed by her long time ago and i have it i was just wondering if i should just file it or check a different box (divorced) ... anyway my marriage was in good faith but we didnt get along and we got divorced i have lots of pictures bnk accounts, etc no taxes together and not that much paper on both our names but i have cards holidays etc. and the reason we didnt get a long cause i caught her cheating one time and decided to forget about it and then she left me and moved somewhere else and then got pregnant with someone else and later on i got a divorce papers on mail please help need advice soon as possible thanks

hi i have some question i married my wife couple of years ago and i was granted a conditional card she ended up divorcing me this feb before our anniversary which is march my card expires oct 10 03 and i still havent filed the papers to remove my status the paper was signed by her long time ago and i have it i was just wondering if i should just file it or check a different box (divorced) ... anyway my marriage was in good faith but we didnt get along and we got divorced i have lots of pictures bnk accounts, etc no taxes together and not that much paper on both our names but i have cards holidays etc. and the reason we didnt get a long cause i caught her cheating one time and decided to forget about it and then she left me and moved somewhere else and then got pregnant with someone else and later on i got a divorce papers on mail please help need advice soon as possible thanks

Check the box that says taht you are applying in the basis of a good faith marriage that ended through divorce.

Separately write a letter explaining the late filing due to the fact that you were in divorce proceedings and wanted to have divorce final before filing. Don't forget to submit your divorce decree.
    File immediately, since filing LATE is a very bad thing, but you have a very very good excuse that were in divorce proceedings.

GOOD LUCK

what are my options incase they dont grant my case....

and what else do i need for filing this paper? pics. bank statements etc..

Put together as much evidence as possible, pictures, bank statements, bills under both names, correspondence that came under both names, etc...
    They will interview you, and if they denied you, you must APPEAL, but that could be a very painful process, so is very important to put as much evidence as you can now.
    Could you tell me in which, State do you reside, I wonder what ground your wife used to divorce you.
    And which is your Service Center?

Do you know in what ground did your wife file for Divorce? How long did you guys live together after you receive your Conditional Green Card (that is one of things they look at)
    At the interview don't mention the facts like you did here, because it seems that you did not care about your marriage, and didn't do anything to sort things out.
    Not having the taxes together is VERY BAD, and be prepared to give a good answer if they ask you about, a good answer might be that the tax preparer recommended you to file separately because you were going to get a bigger refund.
    Try to get an affidavit from her, stating that you guys were married, and after trying to work things out did not work, that it was a good faith marriage and never serve the purpose of circunventing immigration laws.
    Also try to get affidavits from as many people as you can stating that they had knowledge that you were married, and were a happy couple until one day they got to know that your wife left you alone, and you suffered a lot etc"
    Affidavits MUST BE NOTARIZED.

she checked the box dissolution of marriage is that good or bad

and we lived together about a year or so..

and i dont think i can get an affidavit from her since i dont know where she lives now no contact what so ever