50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: which form should i apply?

I am U.S. citizen,age over 21,full time student, no income but got enough money. I want to bring my father into the U.S. He lives outside of the U.S.
    Which forms should i fill?
    Do I need to fill I-130 then wait? or
    Should I fill I-130,I-864 and I-485 all together?

I am U.S. citizen,age over 21,full time student, no income but got enough money. I want to bring my father into the U.S. He lives outside of the U.S.
    Which forms should i fill?
    Do I need to fill I-130 then wait? or
    Should I fill I-130,I-864 and I-485 all together?

You would file I-130, then wait for a response from the NVC in regards to what steps to take next. They will request the feess and submission of the I-864 and other required documents.

I-485 is only for people who are in the US and wish to adjust status. Your father is not eligible for that.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Yes, the above is correct...you have to start with just the I-130 and then the rest of the applications will go through the NVC.

If you need help, check out my site, I'd be glad to give you some free advice, or take care of it all for you.

www.munozservicios.com
    Document Translations
    Immigration Applications
    Interpretation Services
    Notarizations

Ok I will send I-130. Then, during I-864, is it true that if i show $10.000 income and let says federal poverty limit for 2 people( me and my father) 19.000. So, 19.000-10.000= 9000
    9000 x 5 = 45000
    I need to show them 45000 bank statements
    am i right?

also, aroha u sad" They will request the feess "
    what other fees and papers?

thank you very much both of you

You'll be looking at around about $450 for fees total with the NVC, Cuma. That doesn't include the cost for the initial I-130.

First off, you'll get a choice of agent form (no fee). Your father will need to fill that out - it basically designates who the paperwork will go to. If you're not using a lawyer, he should use you. After that, you'll get the I-864 fee ($70), followed by the I-864. Finally, it's the DS-3032. The fee for that is around $380 and your father needs to fill out Part I and return it to the NVC. Once all that's cleared and background checks are done etc, his file will be transferred to the nearest Consulate. You can find out more about that process here.

I suspect that you will need a co-sponsor for the I-864, though I am unfamiliar with how assets work in that regard. It goes by your annual income normally.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

If your father stays outside the US, you should I-130 to petition green card for him. If he can come to the US by a non-immigrant visa first, you can file I-130 together with I-485 to apply green card for him and he can get his green card without leaving the US if both the I-130 and I-485 are approved. For more detail of the applications, please visit Parent of US citizen here.