50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Born in Mexico, brought to US as a child 19 yrs. ago, what to do???

I was raised in the US since the age of two. Like i said before, I was brought here as a child from Mexico City. Now that I'm adult, life is a lot harder being an illegal alien. I tried calling INS myself and discussing my case but all I got were negative responses. If I was to go back to Mexico, I would be limited as well due to the fact that I as raised here. But even here, I have no identity in the system, or let me rephrase that... I do not exist in the system. I couldn't futher my education after high school due to my status, nor can I obtain a job that offers a future in which I can provide for myself and others if it comes to it. I can't even enjoy certain recreational activities people my age do. My hands are tied and I want to be free to be a citizen of this country in which my life is based on. What can I do? Is there any hope for my case? If you have any info on this topic, I would greatly appreciate it if you replied with it. I will be checking up on this message periodically. I'm sure I'm not the only one in my situation. Thanx for listening.

I was raised in the US since the age of two. Like i said before, I was brought here as a child from Mexico City. Now that I'm adult, life is a lot harder being an illegal alien. I tried calling INS myself and discussing my case but all I got were negative responses. If I was to go back to Mexico, I would be limited as well due to the fact that I as raised here. But even here, I have no identity in the system, or let me rephrase that... I do not exist in the system. I couldn't futher my education after high school due to my status, nor can I obtain a job that offers a future in which I can provide for myself and others if it comes to it. I can't even enjoy certain recreational activities people my age do. My hands are tied and I want to be free to be a citizen of this country in which my life is based on. What can I do? Is there any hope for my case? If you have any info on this topic, I would greatly appreciate it if you replied with it. I will be checking up on this message periodically. I'm sure I'm not the only one in my situation. Thanx for listening.

Marry an USC woman, you may have to go back to Mexico though to be interviewed and get the immigrant visa.

well my brother got married and he didn't have to go back to mexico to get interviewed. And I think that law has changed, as far as Mexicans are concerned. Is there any other way though, I do not wish to get married just for that.

I think that I read a couple of months ago on this website that there is a movement trying to get amnesty for students of Universities who are your age, who were brought to U.S. as children. It might be worth looking back through old articles on the website to see what happened with this.

what if i'm not a student?

well you 've been here more than 10 years and I think because of this lenght of time you are allowed to file for AOS. just need to prove you 've been in the usa for more than 10 years and of a good morale..
    good luck to you..it must be really hard for you...

It sure is buddy!

Filing AOS will depend on your ability to obtain a waiver based on your length of residence in the United States. Marrying a USC is probably the best option, but not always the easiest to do if you're honest about it.

If your brother is a USC, he could petition for you and you could obtain work authorization, etc. in the interim. Do you have any other USC relatives in the USA that could petition for you?

Your brother probably applied through the 245(i) back in 2001. Where his USC spouse petitioned for him and by paying the $1,000 fine, he got his green card in the USA. That section has been closed, you had to have filed by April 30, 2001. This law may open again, but you have to qualify for it. The other option is your brother petitioning for you. But becuase he is your brother, you would fall into the fourth category, and being that you are from Mexico, there is an approximate 10 year wait for the visa number to ba available adn at that time you would need to apply for AOS and at the same time for Employment Authorization. So it is a Long wait. You may want to look into that law that is being proposed for those that have been here, studied here and need to continue their education. Good luck.