Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I 751 Pending

Hello everybody,
    My conditional resident card is expiring on May 14th 2009.I filed I-751 on February 14th 2009.USCIS California center received on February 17th 2009.I received I-797 saying my status has been extended till March 2010.
    But I have studies going on in Europe.I m graduating in June 2009.Thats why I have to leave United States.
    I made an info pass appointment at local USCIS field office.Showed them my I797 and requested them to stamp my passport as temporary proof of I-551.They did stamp my passport.I explained my situation and told them I didnt get Biometrics appointment yet.They just filled out a form and told me to take it Application support Center.They captured my Biometrics and stamped that form.
    My concerns are:-
    1----Will my travel outside United States for 4 months will effect the Process of I 751?
    2----My Biometrics were taken without the mailed Biometrics Notice but on request from Field office.Will it effect the Process of I 751?
    Please help me out.I m already back in Europe focusing on my studies.Is there any body can answer my questions?I m really stressed out about that.
    griffins

Hello everybody,
    My conditional resident card is expiring on May 14th 2009.I filed I-751 on February 14th 2009.USCIS California center received on February 17th 2009.I received I-797 saying my status has been extended till March 2010.
    But I have studies going on in Europe.I m graduating in June 2009.Thats why I have to leave United States.
    I made an info pass appointment at local USCIS field office.Showed them my I797 and requested them to stamp my passport as temporary proof of I-551.They did stamp my passport.I explained my situation and told them I didnt get Biometrics appointment yet.They just filled out a form and told me to take it Application support Center.They captured my Biometrics and stamped that form.
    My concerns are:-
    1----Will my travel outside United States for 4 months will effect the Process of I 751?
    2----My Biometrics were taken without the mailed Biometrics Notice but on request from Field office.Will it effect the Process of I 751?
    Please help me out.I m already back in Europe focusing on my studies.Is there any body can answer my questions?I m really stressed out about that.
    griffins

Hi griffins81 and welcome,

1. no... if it is marriaged based, stay in touch with your spouse
    2. maybe, sometimes left and right hand in USCIS don't talk, but sometimes they actualy do.. Who is living at US address you gave to USCIS? I say, for the moment, it is only important that you find out promptly if you receive any mail from USCIS (like request for fingerprinting), and then take it from there

overall, nothing to worry about at the moment..

I am surprised that you got a stamp, since that I-797 Notice of action is as good as the stamp. But some offices are more willing to help than others..

Yeah my Conditional Residency is marriage based.My wife is currently living at the US address.We got beautiful twin boys.We travelled together last time in August 2008 to Lithuania.But this time I m travelling alone.I will be away from my family for next 4 months because of my graduation in June from my Med School.
    I was told by Application Support Center that they will forward my Biometrics to the right department as they follow the receipt number of I 797.So what do you think?
    griffins

Shouldn't be a problem. It'll take a few months, maybe a year to get the I-751 approved anyway. The main thing is that your wife checks the mail for any notices from the USCIS while you are away.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Thank you very much guys.One more question I have.Upon my return to United States it would be enough to show the Officer at the Port of Entry
    1----My Valid Passport with I-551 stamp.
    2----I-797.
    3----Expired Green Card.
    Last time when I returned to US after 4 months they really harrased me.Officer took me to other room.Where other officer was checking in his computer forever.Then at the point of exit from immigration another officer took half an hour.Do u guys have any idea what was tht all about?With Visa it was a quick process but with Green Card it was more lengthy and frustating.Do you guys know why?
    griffins

I just want to make one thing clear: the I-751 is not supposed to take up to a year. Online they say the processing time is up to 6 months. A friend of mine got it within 2 1/2 months. If you are waiting for mail from the USCIS, it is EXTREMELY important that you contact them and let them know you have not received anything.
    I just applied for I-751 on november - it was a straight automatic petition - we are actually married and are planning to go back to Norway in July. No extra evidence was needed, I was waiting for my fingerprinting appointment. The notice of this appointment never came, and last week I all of a sudden received a letter saying my petition was denied due to abandonment.
    Abandonment? Why would I abandon my own application, that has nothing but positive sides for me?
    So make sure you from time to time let them know you are still waiting for them. They take no responsibility for lost mail etc. It's just a phone call and ask to speak to a duty officer.

That was really painful for u.I mean I couldnt beleive that could have happen to anybody.I mean if I look at my situation.We are married for last three years.we got twins together.Everything we have its together.Travelled to Lithuania together.I didnt wait for Biometrics Notice.I just went to the Field office and told them that I have to go to Lithuania and I need to get done with my Biomterics.They took it.I dnt know how that would effect my I 751 Process?Can u tell me.
    griffins

I think it is kind of obvious that your marriage is bonafide, and the fact that you have been communicating with the USCIS is what's important. Continue to do so. All I am saying is that once something gets lost in the mail, you have problems. That's the lesson I've learned. My husband and I have an appointment next friday at the local office for information - I'm hoping they will be able to just schedule me a new appointment, but since it is already denied, I think they'll make me file a motion to reopen, which costs another $585... (And who's to say that doesn't get lost in the mail too?)
    Good luck with both your Med School and the Green card situation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by griffins81:
    Thank you very much guys.One more question I have.Upon my return to United States it would be enough to show the Officer at the Port of Entry
    1----My Valid Passport with I-551 stamp.
    2----I-797.
    3----Expired Green Card.
    Last time when I returned to US after 4 months they really harrased me.Officer took me to other room.Where other officer was checking in his computer forever.Then at the point of exit from immigration another officer took half an hour.Do u guys have any idea what was tht all about?With Visa it was a quick process but with Green Card it was more lengthy and frustating.Do you guys know why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4. add some school papers, maybe showing you are now finished with this trips (graduated)

It could be that you were sent to secondary inspection because of your extended absence, to determine if you abandoned your residency. But you have legitimate reason and it was temporary in nature, and it sounds you have some great reasons to be in USA. Good luck