free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration debate between USC and an immigrant

Ok, here is the thing. My US wife and I have this huge debate what would happen to a child if it is born to two illegal immigrants. She is saying that no matter what, the US government would not seperate the child from his parents. But I told her I didnt think there was a law stating that if you are undocumented and have a child, you are protected from getting deported and being seperated from your child. Let me know if you know about this kind of case and sequences, so we can finally settle our debate.

Ok, here is the thing. My US wife and I have this huge debate what would happen to a child if it is born to two illegal immigrants. She is saying that no matter what, the US government would not seperate the child from his parents. But I told her I didnt think there was a law stating that if you are undocumented and have a child, you are protected from getting deported and being seperated from your child. Let me know if you know about this kind of case and sequences, so we can finally settle our debate.

If parents are deported then kid must go with parents to their country of origin.

What Aguila says is true, but I would want to check into if the child would carry dual citizenship rights (US and country residing).

ok what would happen if the child wanted to reside in the US with his parents though. Isnt the US government supposed to protect the interests of its citizens, in this case the child's interest and do what is best for her/him?

From what i know,the child goes with his familly,if the familly is deported,and when he turns 21,he can go to the US embassy in his country,to request some rights.I don't know what are those rights,and what happens after.

Oh Ok

thanks a lot for the replies, i did some more research online and i guess i was right in my argument with my wife. so thanks again.

Want the "real" answer?

Illegal aliens with USC kids get thrown to the BOTTOM of the list of people who are suposed to get deported.

So those who say it doesn't help in deportation or gives extra benefits are "wrong".

Translation: Does it get you a GC or residency having a kid? No.

Does it help in IS looking the other way and avoiding your house and instead going to the house with the 3 single illegal males and picking them up instead? Yes.

However, once the kid turns 18 -- the IS *will* come back and pick up both parents and toss 'em out.

-= nav =-

moondin is right, I think.
    Sweet Madame Belu

Ok Ok, I know a little something about this. A couple of years ago INS came here to a Mexican resturant and deported EVERYONE, but then they found out the the 3 children there were US citizens. They had to place the kids in state custody, when the parents were deported. The parents have to go to the consulate closest to them. Here it would be Atlanta, Mexican consulate to "register" the child. Then that would permit the child to be sent with his/her parents.