free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: g325 question

the forms ask for residence for the last five years,is this for us address only because below it ask for last address outside the the us of more than 1 year
    thanks

the forms ask for residence for the last five years,is this for us address only because below it ask for last address outside the the us of more than 1 year
    thanks

It is for all addresses during the last five years regardless of country. If you have lived at one address for a year or more outside the U.S. during the last 5 years you will list that address twice, once in the area for residences for the last five years and again in the box below. If you have not lived outside the States during the last five years leave it blank.

You have to write all addresses for the last 5 years starting with the present address. If you have spent last five years in the United States then you will have to put some Foreign Address where you had lived for more than a year before coming to the United States.
    Good luck.

i lived with my brother for 12 months before i came here,but i dont know if there was any record of me living there.
    do you think there will be any problems,will there be any checks at that address.

If you have lived with your brother, then you must mention that period and address in G-325A. Sometimes, Immigration do some random check and in that case it can create a problem for you. So do not try to misrepresent and fill this Form as truthfully as you can.
    Good luck.

Actually the G-325A asks for the addresses during the last five years (inside or outside of the U.S.) regardless of the length of that stay in a certain address -- that is to say, if you have been for only two months in a certain address (even if outside the U.S.) within that 5-year time period you should list it there.

In addition, there's another question below that asks you for the address outside the U.S. where you've lived for more than a year (even if you have been at that address more than 5 years ago.

A hypothetical example: 4 years ago you were in your home country and you went on vacation to a another country and stayed in hotel. Do you need to list that "address" as well?

You need not mention that if you have not used as your permanent address for a prolonged period.
    Good luck.

If you do not mention that I guess the Immigration Officer at the interview will notice the gap in dates and most likely will ask you where you have been during that time period -- besides that, in that case it may be a visa or entry stamp on your passport evidencing you've gone to another country.