50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130

hello to everyone. I know this question has been answered sort of but just bear with me a sec. I am a permanent resident married to a US Citizen for the last five years, he just recently filed the I-130 for my 9 year old daughter who is in trinidad, we recieved the reciept letter, how long after does the aproval letter takes and is it possible for her to get a visitor visa while we are waiting. Its to hard leaving her each time I GO, but I need to work. I will appreciate your input. thank you

hello to everyone. I know this question has been answered sort of but just bear with me a sec. I am a permanent resident married to a US Citizen for the last five years, he just recently filed the I-130 for my 9 year old daughter who is in trinidad, we recieved the reciept letter, how long after does the aproval letter takes and is it possible for her to get a visitor visa while we are waiting. Its to hard leaving her each time I GO, but I need to work. I will appreciate your input. thank you

Your daughter falls under Immediate Relative category which is always current. You should get her approval letter soon and within one year she should be here.
    Good luck.

This is the second thread I have read tonight about mothers being apart from their children. This just tears my up to see that this is even allowed to happen. I can feel your hurt and pain and I apologize that the American system makes it so hard for families to be together.

God Bless you Wendy for staying so strong and for the patience you have had in hopes that you will be with your daughter.

I will keep both of you in my prayers in hopes that you will be reunited very soon.

Good Luck and God Bless Both of You!

Thank you both Umesh and One Heart for your reply. I keep promising her that Iwont leave without her, I am going in August for three weeks I pray that I can bring her then and will still try on getting a tempt visa at the consulate there for her nothing to lose right? again thank you.

It is not likely that your daughter will qualify for a tourist visa - a tourist visa is not supposed to be used for someone to travel to the US and wait for their immigration papers to be completed. A tourist is someone who intends to return to their country of residence after a visit to the US - not to take up living there. She would have to demonstrate very strong reasons as to why she would return to Trinidad - and how is she going to do that with you in the US and an immigration paper pending for her?

Somewhat difficult to obtain a visitor visa for her. Suggest immigrant visa. If you persist on visitor visa, who is she residing with and why should your daughter reside with that person in Trinidad instead of with you in the US

why is that person so negative. deporting all aliens might not be as lucritive for the US filing fees alone is good profit for the US