free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forms returned

Has anyone had their forms that had been filed with the INS returned just because of one silly mistake?? i heard they are really picky about the presentation of all your documents, cover letters,seperate envelopes for different applications? do the documents such as birth certificates and copy of passports have to be notorised? i have heard now that they dont want ORIGINAL copies? why is that?

Whatever documents you will submit with your application with the INS, they will keep them whether they are original or copies. That is why they want Notarized copies of documents.
    Good luck.

Umesh! Where does it say <u>notorized</u> copies of documents? I was just gonna send photo copies of the original documents. Can I get these copies notorized?

Birthcertificates, marriagecertificates, afadavit of support, divorce papers all have to be certified copies.

Copies of passport, I-94, visas are not really required although sometimes they reject them.

I know im confused to dude, im trying to get my paperwork sorted out and im not having much luck.

i think you have to have the photo copies notorised, im not sure...

i thought u had to hand over your I-94 card and not a photocopy?? so you dont need to photocopy your passport? what then? send your passport??

god im confused???

When INS says attested copies, it means notarized. Or Copies issued by a competent authority which is certified by an officer of the concerned department.
    Good luck.

I am UCS doing an Adjustment of Status package for my wife:

I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative)

I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status)

I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

(Also doing I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), haven't gotten that far yet.

As I am the petitioner for my Alien Relative, I must also be the sponsor and fill out I-864 (Affidavit of Support).

The I-864 (Affidavit of Support) last page gets notorized. Says right on the bottom of the form.

If the sponsor's income is under 125% of the 2002 poverty level. They need a co-sponsor. They also do the I-864 and notorize it.

A sponsor is allowed to use the combined income of a household member if they need the household member's income to meet the poverty level. The household member fills out I-864A (Affidavit of Support Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member). The last page of this gets notorized, says so on the bottom.

As far as supporting documents go (marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc.) I was under the impression that you just sended photo copies, and they will check the originals at the interview. I will find this out for sure and send the link from the INS web site. I will post as soon as I find out, which is tonight, because I plan to ship this danm thing TOMORROW! Panties, please read my previous post about downloading forms from the INS web site.

Hi Joe this one is for you. You mentioned something I'm trying to make sense out of. If you are above the 125% poverty level (which I am) do you still need to submit letters from banks and other investments or is the income alone enough to suffice?

you guys are doing great with corresponding. I'm so new to this message board life so your replies are really appreciated.

thanks

Im doing the same for my hubby, although i dont meet the requirements for the afadavit of support im asking my mother to sponser him for me..i think that is allowed???

I have read your previous posts and it has helped me alot, i need to get this done soon as possible, it is long overdue.