free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 485 question

Hi

3 months ago I received from the INS a small cash register tape showing they cashed my check for my I-485. However, I have not yet received anything else. Should I have received something with a case number so that I can check satus online???

Simply put is this 3x2 inch cash register tape the only thing I will receive before being summoned for an interview? BTW I'm dealing with the regional office for Ohio which is in Cleveland.

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid something has not gone correctly.

tom.

Hi

3 months ago I received from the INS a small cash register tape showing they cashed my check for my I-485. However, I have not yet received anything else. Should I have received something with a case number so that I can check satus online???

Simply put is this 3x2 inch cash register tape the only thing I will receive before being summoned for an interview? BTW I'm dealing with the regional office for Ohio which is in Cleveland.

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid something has not gone correctly.

tom.

YOu should have received the official receipt notice with your 13 digit receipt # by now. This receipt will have the receive and notice date and some other information regarding your case. 3 months is a long time and I would suggest that you inquire with the office where you sent your petition. You can also call the INS customer service and see if they have any suggestions for you. Their # is 1-800-375-5283.

Best of luck.

This receipt is for fees you paid to INS.
    You will receive the actual letter from INS stating that you file for XYZ and it will take xxx Day to process.
    This letter will have your A# and trackable number.

Mohan

Is there a way to check your status online with the A# rather than the 13 digit receipt #?

Not at this time.

DUDE, I had a similar situation:

I never received my I-485 Receipt notice from INS. My lawyer was not able to get a copy despite his requests, however he got an EAC number from the back side of the cashed check. He also assured me that not having the actual recipt notice is not a big deal as long as I have this EAC number. I hope he is right...

Good Luck!