50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: another USC

for all the reasons that you mentioned for consular officers my disappointement is even bigger.

These carefully selected people knew how to accept money (150 dollars - which is not a small money in Croatia, bytheway), but they also knew how to refuse her visa in less then 5 minutes.
    With all due respect, I have a right to show scepticism in their "only doing their job".
    I never said that I'm not grateful for the visa that I have " I said thank you in many ways and I don't need you to lecture me how to say thank you.
    I understand what you are saying about the law and I agree; I'll do what ever I can to make these people (officers) belive that she'll not immigrate and that she just wants to visit, but they also need to pay more attention to her papers and give her a chance to prove that she doesn't intend to stay; also to refuse someone for persons age is not reason strong enough; unfortunately I can't prove that she is 100 years old.
    And as I said before, US government has different rules for people from different countries. Young people from Germany or Italy, believe me, will never get denied for tourists visa.
    They should not assume that a person will immigrate just because person is from poor regions
    of Europe.
    In addition, I'll follow the good suggestions from other discutants from this topic and see what will happen.
    Sorry, that my thinking sounds to naive for you another USC, but in order to get right responses from people that know more about immigration laws than myself thats what I believe I have to say and stand for.
    What is the best solution in your opinion?
    Put yourself in my shoes.
    And...thank you in advance.

for all the reasons that you mentioned for consular officers my disappointement is even bigger.

These carefully selected people knew how to accept money (150 dollars - which is not a small money in Croatia, bytheway), but they also knew how to refuse her visa in less then 5 minutes.
    With all due respect, I have a right to show scepticism in their "only doing their job".
    I never said that I'm not grateful for the visa that I have " I said thank you in many ways and I don't need you to lecture me how to say thank you.
    I understand what you are saying about the law and I agree; I'll do what ever I can to make these people (officers) belive that she'll not immigrate and that she just wants to visit, but they also need to pay more attention to her papers and give her a chance to prove that she doesn't intend to stay; also to refuse someone for persons age is not reason strong enough; unfortunately I can't prove that she is 100 years old.
    And as I said before, US government has different rules for people from different countries. Young people from Germany or Italy, believe me, will never get denied for tourists visa.
    They should not assume that a person will immigrate just because person is from poor regions
    of Europe.
    In addition, I'll follow the good suggestions from other discutants from this topic and see what will happen.
    Sorry, that my thinking sounds to naive for you another USC, but in order to get right responses from people that know more about immigration laws than myself thats what I believe I have to say and stand for.
    What is the best solution in your opinion?
    Put yourself in my shoes.
    And...thank you in advance.

We were all immigrants here, or at least our prior family was. So don't pay any attention to the fools here who bash what they know nothing about, and since you are in a country where you can speak your mind....speak often.

What sort of documents did your sister bring with her?

Affidavit of support, my bank account balance, support letter from my employer, letter from my sister employer (which says how long she was employee), her bank account and some additional papers that she had to fill in, like application for visa

Did the employer's letter state when they expect her back at work? That would help. Also, any family events in the near future that your sister would want to attend (wedding, birth, etc) should be mentioned. If she's very involved in the community in any way (enrolled in classes, church group, volunteer work, cares for a sick/elderly relative), get proof (schedule, letters) that they have reason to expect her back. Round trip tickets are good, too, although she probably doesn't want to risk wasting that much money. Also, she should write a personal statement summarizing the reasons why she will go home. (since the consular officers don't read the documents, this can help.)

It's not about if a country ios rich or poor, but how offen its citizens overstay their visas. It is possible to get a visitor visa even if you're from a high-fraud country and you have relatives in the US.

And the Consular officers don't mean to be rude (mostly), they're just trying to see everyone who files an application. (I know that doesn't help much - I deal with them all the time at work and they are the least helpful people anywhere.)

Good luck!!